Sunday, January 23, 2011

IDIC Challenge for the Week


This week the challenge at I Did It Creations is to do a card for a child. I chose this image by Toucan Scraps and made a fun card! I know that when my nieces and nephews get together we love to play games and bingo is one of their favorites! We even set up a prize table so they can choose a prize when they win! What fun everyone has! I thought this card would make a great card for a birthday, or any other special occasion. I used my Copics to color the image, my Tim Holtz embossing folder for the bingo background and Tim's distressing inks for the distressing on both the background and the image. My flowers were hand made. the flat one was stamped from a Michael's $1 stamp then colored and the other flower was made from a page from an old music book.I ripped it out, cut a large circle spiral, cut on the spiral line, then rolled it up holding it together with a little hot glue. Easy peasy! Then distressed the edges and made leaves to add. The leaves are just out of paper that I crumpled and colored with my Copics. The sentiment was computer generated.
Try your hand at our challenge this week and get a card done for your future use at the same time! Check out all of the wonderful creations our DT has done for you over at IDIC and then let us see yours! Don't forget that we give a freebie with every challenge also.
Just pick one of the images used by the DT, email Jeanette @jeanette_wtrs@yahoo.com
with IDIC Freebie Request in the subject line and add the name of DT member whose image you want and she will send you the digi stamp they used in this challenge. Have a great Sunday everyone!
I am also entering this into the following challenges:
The Corrosive Challenge - reuse, recycle (my music sheet flower)
Paper Sundaes - Distress it! ( my flower and leaves and edges)
Totally Gorjuss - hot, hot, hot ( my colors,deep oranges and reds)
Fairy Tale Challenge - flowers

5 comments:

michele hileman said...

That is really cute. I love it

Jennie said...

You know how much I adore your card.
This one is so so awesome
xx

Nicole said...

Love all the elements you used on this card. Suppppper Cute

Bianca said...

What lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Pattie said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...