Monday, August 22, 2011

Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge #36


Today's challenge from Happileigh Scrappin' is all about the girl! We want to see your "girly girl" creation. You must have a girl in your creation and better yet...make your creation super "girly"! I chose to use this wonderful image called,"Girl With Basket". I used the precolored image so I didn't even have to color her! I love that Leighs' images come colored and uncolored! Perfect for that card made "on the run".
My base for the card was cut out of patterned paper from Quick Quotes using my Cricut machine and the "A Childs' Year" cartridge. I also cut out the sentiment from the same cartridge. My flowers were made and inked and stickled before being placed on the card. The ribbon was just a tiny piece that I had left but I really thought it went well for the Girly girl theme so I knotted it and added it too! The flowers in the image have had their centers "stickled" also.
Head on over to the HappiScrappinChallenge blog,check out all of the other D.T.'s creations and then try your hand at the challenge.
Don't forget, you don't have to use one of Leigh's designs to play, but if you DO your entry will also go into a separate drawing for only the cards that use her designs. TWO chances to win! All winners are chosen by random drawings.
There are so many fabulous images in the Happileigh Scrappin' Store and Leigh also has some gorgeous new designs available. With every purchase you this gorgeous image and sentiment free........

I would also like to enter the following with my card:
Corrosive Challenges - Girlie
One Stitch at a Time - Bling ( all flowers are "blinged" with stickles)
Card Makin' Mamas - Pink

8 comments:

Star said...

Gorgeous!! I love those pretty flowers, and your layout is fantastic!!

Vicki said...

Look how beautiful this is! Those flowers are to die for, and I love the scalloped card!

Unknown said...

What a darling little image. You did a beautiful job on this. I love the flowers and your layout is wonderful.
Thanks for joining us over at The Corrosive Challenge. I also have become a follower...and I see you are a follower of Christ also.
Hugs..Debra DT

Susan Paul said...

Gorgeous, Georgia. Love the colors you used and those fabulous roses you made. The scalloped edges really add to the Girly Girl theme.

Unknown said...

Awww what a cute card, love the flowers and sweet image. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT and good luck xxx

Made by Mandy said...

This is gorgeous Georgia, love the image of course and all the complete girliness of this card, perfect for the challenge :)

Love Mandy xxx

sparklingblackrose said...

This is so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-)

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful image, love those flowers too. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at OSAAT this week and good luck Julie DT

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...