Tuesday, August 2, 2011

D2D and CDAC Progressive Challenges!




Two cards done today for two different progressive challenges!
My first card is for the challenge over at Delightful Inspiration (Designed 2 Delight). We were to ask for an image to use this week as Faith didn't have the opportunity to draw a new one for us. Instead of requesting a new image; I combined two different images (that I already had) from her to make my card. I really like how it turned out! The circle image had a ribbon with holly leaves on it, so I just covered it with a real ribbon. I wish you could see the true colors of this card but it isn't happening. I photographed it about 10 times in different lighting and still couldn't capture the pretty purple color of the cake... It really isn't gray like it appears here...Oh well...!



My second card is for a new progressive challenge over at CDAC. This month starts the beginning of it and you are given 6 different images to use.Yup...I said 6! All by wonderful digital artists. You must use at least one in a creation to be assured that you will get the new images next month in September. I chose to use the chef image by Digis4joy for my first creation. I used my Cricut to cut out the sentiment. The cake was an old embellishment that has been hanging around forever so I don't know where it came from (sorry).
I would also like to enter these into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes

20 comments:

Priscilla said...

I just love both of your cards.. I think you are so clever the way you used Jen's image.. The way you printed it in two sizes is brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and for joining the CDAC Progressive challenges.
Priscilla

LadyAnne said...

What a fabulous card, I love the way you have used this stamp, wonderful card...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Star said...

Both of these are just lovely!! Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

I love how you used the chef twice! Looks great. Both cards are fantastic today...

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love to see what everyone picked for the D2D challenge and your card is adorable, especially with the sentiment, love it :)

Sue said...

Georgia, I love what you did here! Very clever, girlfriend!!
Great coloring and papers and embellishments....love it all.

Hugs
Sue

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Georgia .Both are delightful creations Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

NancyD said...

Hey great cake card. I was attracted to it from MIM because I am looking for ideas on wedding cards. I like your blog!

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC creations and I too just LOVE how you printed TWO pastry chefs ... very clever and looks AWESOME!! Thanks for inspiration!

Lisa Jane said...

two fab cards - love the cake theme
Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Maria said...

Delicious cards!
Hugs
Maria

(I saw your card on MIM)

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards.Great designs.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

dstandard said...

Loving both your cards! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous cards, Georgia!

Valerie said...

Super cute! Love the way you used two different sized images.
Valerie M
Priscillastyles Design Team

Susan said...

This card is fab I just love the clever design!

Anonymous said...

Love both these cards. You are very creative :) Love the colors especially on the bottom card as it really draws the eye in. Fantastic work.

Megan's Little Piece of Heaven (LPH) said...

This is yummy. Please take time to visit my entry on http://billybreadswife.blogspot.com/2011/08/cdac-my-first-entry-fan.html as yet no one has visited me - how sad is that. This my first entry too.

Kim Kelley said...

Hey Hey Hey! I look forward to working with you! Both cards are wonderful...love all the detail!Now for the business!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

HUGS!!
Kim
CDAC Progressive Challenge DT

Donna Moore said...

Positively adorable! Using the image twice is very effective, great card with wonderful embellishments! So very glad you played along. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
donna
cdacpc/DT

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...