Sunday, May 1, 2011

IDIC Weekly Challenge

This week at I Did It Creations it's all about your Moms! Our challenge is "Mother's Day" and we would love to see your creations in honor of your Mom!
We were given our choice of images from Robyn's Fetish to use this week and I decided to go with this sweet bird sitting on her nest. I figure it is symbolic of all moms everywhere...keeping the home front warm and cozy! Always protecting our young and doing everything for them! My Mom passed away several years ago so I made my card to give to my daughter who is now a mother of two. My; the years have just flown by...I remember when she was my "wee one". I guess that's what life is all about! But I digress... Onto my card...


I used "Birdie's Nest from her store which can be found here. I colored with my wonderful Copic and Promarker markers.
The sentiment is from TLC Creations. I used a pale yellow card stock for my card base and a scrap of blue striped designer paper over it. I used chalks to distress the edges. I used a Copic marker to color inside the sentiment. Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the challenge and all of the other wonderful creations by our DT at I Did It Creations. Just for playing you can request any image that you would like from the DT's creations. How's that for a win-win situation!
I am also placing this into the following challenges:
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Mother's Day
Fairy Tale Challenge - Mother's Day
Aud Sentiments - Mother's Day

11 comments:

Hannapanna said...

This is gorgeous. Adorable image. Thanks for joining the Mother's Day challenge over at Fairytale Challenges. Hugs, Hanna

Bianca said...

What a pritty card! I love the image! Thank you for joinign us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Audrey said...

What a super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

The Mama Monkey said...

What a darling image and I love your coloring!

We are so happy you played with us at SSDS!

Dragonlady said...

Really cute, thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

PokSa said...

Your card is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra

tt.scraps said...

How cute is that?!?! :) I love it! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week! Look forward to seeing you again!
Tammy, DT

Nela said...

Totally adorable!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
xx Nela

Gurkiss said...

Such a wonderful card you made :)

Hugs Gurkiss

Julie said...

How lovely! Thanks for joining us at Aud SEntiments
Hugs,
julie

Amy said...

clever sentiment. great card. Thanks for joining the Aud Sentiments challenge.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...