Monday, May 2, 2011

Happi For Mom!


This week the challenge at Happileigh Scrappin' is to make a card/project for your mom in honor of Mother's Day this coming Sunday, May 8th. I have chosen to do a bookmark using Leigh's cute image, "April with Pot".
I colored with my Copic and Promarker markers and then cut it out. I used a piece of cardboard for my base which I covered with a scrap of yellow printed dp. I used a chalk pad to ink around the edges. I then used my Cuttlebug and white card stock and a birthday folder. This I ran through the Cuttlebug and then cut out the words that I thought were a perfect fit for Moms! These I then chalked the raised parts and edges. I then added them to my bookmark. A punch for the hole on top and some fibers and ribbons and I was done!


I lost my Mom several years ago so I made this for my daughter who loves to read as much as I do! She is a Mom too! She has given me two wonderful grandchildren whom I love to pieces!

Aren't they the cutest grandbabies ever?????!!!!
Go on over to Happileigh Scrappin' and check out our challenge and all of the wonderful inspiration by our DT. You will be glad you did!
I am also entering my bookmark into the following challenges:
Creative Cowgirls - Mothers Day/Spring/Easter
Creative Inspiration Paint - Inspired by Mom
I Did It Creations - Mother's Day
Sentimental Sundays - For the Woman in your Life

9 comments:

Gina said...

Such a wonderful gift :D Love the sunny colours ! Thank you for joining in at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Star said...

So bright and happy! =D Lovely bookmark, I'm sure your daughter will love it. Yes, very cute grandbabies!

Unknown said...

Wonderful project Georgia! Thank you so much for joining us @ Creative Cowgirls Challenge! (GDT)

Sarah said...

Awesome! Love all the inspirational words you chose. Isn't it fun to be grandparents? Thanks for joining us at CI Paints. Hope you will join us again. Hugs, Sarah

Holly said...

How darling! I love the summery colors and the ribbons on this bookmark. Thanks for playing in our Creative Inspirations Paint challenge.

Stef H said...

absolutely fabulous tag and 2 gorgeous children!

hugs :)

Cheryl said...

Your bookmark is adorable!

Thank you for joining our “Mother’s Day/ for a woman” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Nicole said...

Hey, what a cute gift. Crazy thing is I'm in the process of making bookmarks for challenge # 55.
PS- the sentiment from my current card was cut with my Cricut (No clue what I would do without my cricut)

Ann English said...

Yup, mighty cute grandbabies!
I lost my mother in January so this year is particularly sad for me.
Thank you for sharing you darling creation!
Have a Happy Mother's Day and thanks for joining us this week for the Sentimental Sunday's Challenge!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...