Friday, May 13, 2011

D2D Flowerpot


I did this card for the challenge at Designed 2 Delight which ended yesterday but wasn't able to post to here until now because of the problems to Blogger...I did get it up in 2 other groups that I am in so it did make the deadline for the D2D challenge thank goodness!
I really like the way this turned out and I tried a new background too! I took 1/2" strips of some of my leftover scraps that I have and then taped them down on a piece of white card stock. I then used my sewing machine and a zigzag stitch to tie them all together. I really like the look!
I colored with my Copics and then used my Nestibilities to frame the image. I also printed out the image twice and cut out a couple of the flowers and popped them up with pop dots to give it a more 3D look.
My sentiment is a $1 stamp from Michael's that I stamped on card stock and then used some of the Tim Holtz tape to finish off the edges.
would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - May Flowers
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
My Mum's Shop - "To Die For" (use a die)
Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes

7 comments:

craftyb said...

your card is sooooo pretty! I love so much about it - the pretty image, your layered flowers, the colouring, your stripy background and the layers of the focal image - i must try that myself! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Mani said...

Hello.
Beautiful card. Lovely image.
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges and Good Luck.
Manuela

papertrails leaver said...

what a beautiful card! I love the way you tilted the image. Thanks for joining us at Penny's and Crafty Creations for our anything goes challenges! :-) Amy

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Love your bucket of little red flowers. Very pretty!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Love your bucket of little red flowers. Very pretty!

Courtney said...

This is so pretty Georgia!! Thanks for playing along with our "Anything Goes" Challenge this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Lating Panda said...

Your card is very nice.Did you stitch it?:) Coz i love stitching!Thanks for playing along at Divas by Design.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...