Monday, May 16, 2011

It's "Sew Nice" Today!


This week at Happileigh Scrappin' our challenge was created by Starla. She wants to see sewing on your creation...real or "faux" but it must have stitches on it!
I sewed a background using 6 pieces of 1/2" paper to make a backdrop for my images. I also sewed around the border of the card. I think I might actually be getting better at this sewing on paper...lol! (If I'm not getting better at least I getting more comfortable at it!) I used two different images by Leigh for my card.I used a freebie that you can find in Leigh's shop called "Heart and Flowers" and I used another image that you may purchase called "You Bug Me". This image comes with a sentiment also but I chose to use a different one of my own. I popped the bug up on pop dots to give the card some depth. Leigh is having a Spring sale going on right now and for every 3 images you buy, you get another one free! Check it out!
So go on over to Happileigh Scrappin', check out all of the wonderful creations our DT have for you and then try your hand at sewing! I betcha it will keep you in stitches! Haha!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Penny's Challenges- Anything Goes
Crazy Challenge- Green and Pink
Cupcake Craft Challenges - In the Garden (my bug for sure!)
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Star said...

I just love this card!! Fabulous coloring, and I love how these two images work together! =D

Michelle said...

Hi

Wonderful card! Sweet image and so well coloured. Love your stitching, gives a great finish to the card.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

Brodders said...

Love your colouring on your bug x
Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Craft Challenges. Good luck x

Faye said...

Oh how gorgeous! Love your in the garden element. Thanks for playint at Cupcake this week. x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Love your little garden critter!! Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake this week x

Made by Mandy said...

Georgia I love how you combined the 2 images together and sewing the strips together to make your paper is a great way of using scraps up too.

Love Mandy xxx

Sparkly Engineer said...

Very cute card. Sweet image. #70 Make it Monday

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...