Monday, May 9, 2011

Color Me Green...


This week the challenge at Happileigh Scrappin' is to honor the May birthdays and birthstone which is an emerald...hence the color is green is what we want to see on your creation! I made a screen door card using the image called,"Colleen Heart Dress". I thought she looked so cute looking out that screen door! I found the screen door at my local scrap booking store. They have a template to cut out the doors and then sell the screening with the template. 4 doors and screens for $5.00! So needless to say...you will see more of these screen doors on my blog! lol!
I cut out the middle of my card front to add the door and then stamped around the edges of the front. I added a few homemade flowers and a sentiment and all was finished!
Check out our challenge at Happileigh Scrappin' and then go green with us!
I am also entering this into the following challenges:
Card Cupids - Flowers
Creative Cowgirls - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges - Flowers
Scrappy Frogs - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Gina said...

OH WOW! What a fabulous idea! I thought your card topper was cross-stitched when I 1st looked :D Thank you for joining in at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Stef H said...

i absolutely love this!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley this week. xx

Fiona said...

this is really pretty and must have taken you ages. I tried cross stitch once but it wasn't happening fast enough for me!! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week.

Fi

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

I love these screen door cards. Wonderful colors too.

Tameko said...

Wonderful card. Screen door is a neat addition to your project. Thanks for joining Sentimental Sundays anything goes challenge.

papertrails leaver said...

what a cute card! I like how you did that screen door! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

Ann English said...

I've never seen a screen door on a card before-how cute is that!
Thank you for joining us this week for our anniversary challenge. Don't forget the blog hop-opportunity for a prize!

Unknown said...

How adorable & so creative! Thank you for joining us @ Creative Cowgirls Challenge!

Kleeblatt said...

This is a wonderful card. I like your door.
Thanks for playing by Creative Cowgirl. Good luck.
Hugs Monika

stampingmarianne said...

Very beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Cowgirls challenge!
Marianne

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...