Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Skater Boy!


This week the progressive challenge at D2d we were given this cute skater boy to create with. I chose to do a card and added lots of little extras to the background for a scene.I masked the image and stamped a fence behind him and then used a scalloped circle to chalk a sky too. I added the sidewalk beneath his feet too! I can remember my youth and skateboarding! I was quite good at it too! Many a summer night was spent with friends skateboarding under a viaduct near our houses...Good memories!
Too bad we all have to grow up eventually...!
I used Copic markers to color and chalks for my sky. The sentiment is a stamp from SU. I added twine to the buttons which are from Michael's. I cut out the background cardstock using my Cricut. I printed the image twice and then cut out the skateboard and head to "pop up" with pop dots giving the card more depth.Thanks for looking and leave me some lovin' please...I love to read your comments!!
I am also entering this into the following:
Paper Play -Anything Goes
Creative Belli - Things that start with "S"
Die-Cuttin' Divas - Masculine cuts & colors
A Spoonful of Sugar - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Misty Olsen said...

Ohhhh My Goodness....He is so cute!!! I just love him :o) Thanks for sharing it with DCD

Mistyrose
sweetmagnoliarose.blogspot
Die Cuttin Diva

Sally said...

Hi there, thanx for visiting my blog & leaving a lovely comment on my MIM card. Just had a nosey through your blog & your work is brilliant.
Sally x

Paper Deckerations said...

WOW that card is ADORABLE!!! I love all of the colors! You did a great job!! Thanks for joining us at DCD!

Ren-Yi said...

OH - this is really cute. Fun & sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at Paperplay Challenges.

Creative Diva said...

Wow! I love the cute boy on the card. Amazing job. Thanks for entering it into the DCD Challenge.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
Die Cuttin Diva

Deirdre said...

Your skater boy is just adorable. Great card.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Ulysses' mama said...

Very cute! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Adorable image, love your card - Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...