Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm a Critter Once Again!

Today's post marks the beginning of my second term on the design team at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog. I am so grateful that I was chosen once again to help represent this site! Thank you for your confidence in me! Make sure to check my sidebar for the names of my fellow DT and give them a visit too. I know they would appreciate it!
Now onto this week's challenge! We have a sketch for you today which was done by our very own Melanie.

Thank you Melanie, it is a great one! Our sponsor for this challenge is Wags and Whiskers. They have such darling images so make sure to check them out!
Here is what I did with the sketch:

I used a scrap of paper for the background which was placed on white card stock. I used my Cricut with the Cindy Loo (new to me!) cartridge to cut out the circular shape which I then embossed in my Cuttlebug and then chalked over the raised areas.
My ribbon is from Michael's. I colored the image with Copics and then cut out to place on my circle. The sentiment is part of another embossing folder. I just placed my paper piece over the words I wanted to use and then embossed. I was able to cut around it and then used the same chalk ink as my circle background to distress the word. I used pop dots to raise the circle, and a scrap of blue paper behind the sentiment.All done! I love how it turned out.
I am also entering this into the following challenges:
2Sisters - For Mom
Ellephantastic Challenge - Birthday Party
Etsy Inspired Challenge - Imagine Studio ( I think the embossing and distressing behind my image looks like some of the art at this site!)
Fabulous Friday (Frosted Designs) - Stripes and polka dots

16 comments:

Star said...

This is so darling!!! I love that image. Fantastic job!

Angi Barrs said...

Super sweet image & color. Thanks for playing with us over at Etsy Inspired. :)

Jennie said...

Wahey congrats Georgia and what a beautiful card to open your second term with :D xx

Unknown said...

This is precious. I love it thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Georgia! I love your card. What a cute image!

Crystal said...

Fabulous card Georgia!! I love the embossed and chalked pieces they really stand out! Glad to be working with you again for a second term :)

kissinia said...

Very bright and cheerful card! Many thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. Love your ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week. Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs,
Kristin
http://lilsweetpeasplace.blogspot.com/

Gem said...

a gorgeous card Georgia :) love the image x

Jeanette said...

Hi Georgia, Just stopping by to say hello. Congrats on being a Critter again. This card is adorable.

Jeanette

sgc said...

This is so cute! I love the way you cut out the image (so much work!)

Marlene said...

Oh how sweet!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you are enjoying the freebies.

Uhooi said...

This card is nice, funny and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Aww that is such a sweet card and I really love the image - what great colours! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic. Jill

Michelle said...

aw such a cute wee image, fab card. Thanks for joining us for this month's Ellephantastic Challenge.
hugs
Michelle
xx

de said...

You won EIC last week! Check the blog for details.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...