Monday, May 16, 2011

Hip To Be Square!



This week at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog, we are challenging you to use a square on your creation. Anywhere, any kind! It could be the shape of your card, or maybe added squares with embellishments. I decided to do a Diorama card after seeing several on line. Atutorial for one can be found here on Split Coast Stampers. My whole card is a square shape and then I went from there to finish it! I used a sweet image by our sponsor this month, Wags and Whiskers. On Friday, May 20th, Wags 'n Whiskers will be having a blog hop and digital stamp release. The sneak peeks will begin on the Wags & Whiskers blog on Wednesday and Thursday with the blog hop starting at 12:01amEST Friday May 20th.It should be a lot of fun so check it out if you are "surfing" that day!
Back to the particulars on my card:
I used a rolling wheel stamp from Stampin' Up to do the grass and tiny flowers along the bottom of the card. I cut out some grass using a MS punch to add depth to the front of the card. I used 2 different punches from SU for the sentiment (which is also from SU). Image was colored with my Copics. I used my Cricut to cut out the shapes in the middle of the card to make the window. Then once again used the same shape for my image. My sentiment on the top of the card is from Michael's $1 spot. My papers are all scraps. (I love when that works out!) Phew...! I think that's it...lol!
I am also entering this into the following:
Baby Buds - Punches and Dies (I used a Nestibility die to do my punched out window)
Card Cupids Blog - No patterned papers
Divas by Design - Anything Goes

4 comments:

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Really cute card, I love how you added the shadow around him :)

Laney said...

super cute card hun!!
Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design this time hope to see you again
hugs
laney

Vicky said...

Just so cute Georgia...!

thanks for joining us at Divas..and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

Crystal said...

Love your colouring and how you card has almost a shadow box effect! Great card!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...