Saturday, April 30, 2011

For The Birds!

This week at Card Ideas the challenge is to make a Winter/Christmas bird card/project with a bird somewhere on your project. I did one better and used a whole flock! lol!




TOP:
I used an old watch case that my son's Relic watch came in for my case. I covered the top with scrap designer paper from Pizazz and added some Tim Holtz tape around the outer edges to give it a nice finish. Then I colored the image, "For the Birds Snowman" with my Copics and used some puff paint for the flocking on his coat. This I then cut out and placed on the front of the case. I used my label maker to print out the name of the game.
I also added the same paper to the inside bottom of the case to give it a more finished look.(Had to make it look like it belonged with the top!)
Game Pieces:
For my game pieces I just enlarged that image of the bird in the snowman's gloved hand a whole bunch of times. These I colored with my Copics doing two of each color for a color matching game. Then I cut these out using an SU punch and then placed on circle cut with my Cricut. I then laminated them in my Laminator and cut them out!

Phew...! Sounds like a lot of work but it was pure fun! I love when the old brain cells start to "kick in" and your creativity is there again!

Thanks for giving me this fun chance to design for your challenge Faith! I had a blast and the bonus? I have one gift down for Christmas and only 267 more to go! haha!
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Use your favorite Christmas image
Paper Cutz- Anything Goes
AiFactory - Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet - Use diecuts and/or punches
Pixie Dust Studio - Let's Play (Memory anyone?)

9 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Love your box and how creative to make a "matching game" set! So glad you joined us for the Anything Goes challenge at AiFactory this week.

Unknown said...

Wonderful project Georgia! It does look like a lot of work, but well worth it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so beautiful, thanks for sharing!

sharon said...

Georgia, what a very creative and fun project! Kids would love this matching game, and you did such a great job putting all the pieces and the container together. LOVE IT.

Hugs
Sue Drees

PS thanks for the comment on the BSS site last week, appreciate your taking the time.

Kerry Steger said...

Wow!! This creation is just awesome!! I love the way you have decorated the box and the game pieces are very cute!! So clever to think of this!!Thanks for playing along with CSAYL this week.

~Vittory~ said...

Really cute idea for game for kids!
Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet Challenges. Hope to see you again.
With best wishes,
Viktoria

MacKenzie said...

Eeek! What a cute creation! I'm SO glad you played along with us at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long! Hope to see you back next week :-)

...just Peggy said...

What a fun project! Thank yo for joining us at Little Miss Muffet this week.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...