Monday, April 18, 2011

Wedding Challenge

This week the UK is readying itself for the event of the year, the Royal Wedding on April 29th celebrating the marriage of Prince William & Kate Middleton. They even have a special Bank Holiday in it's honor!

In honor of this occasion, Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge blog is challenging you! We want to see lots of wedding cards, but with a twist. The Royal Family are renowned for their Crown Jewels so we would like to see you add some jewels to your card. The card can be in any colors but it needs to have some bling on it to make it suitable for Royalty!
I have use this new digital image from Leigh made especially in honor of Kate & William.

I colored the image using both Prisma and Copic markers. I went online and googled clip art for the horse and buggy. (gotta love Google!)I also got the crown off of a clip art site. I used paper from my stash for the design paper and then added some "jewels" for the bling. The rhinestones are from the $1.00 spot at Michael's.
Go and check out our challenge at Happileigh Scrappin'. Check out all of the wonderful creations by our DT made to inspire you! Have a great Monday all!

7 comments:

Star said...

Gorgeous card!! I just love that clip art in the background...absolutely perfect!!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous! I love the horse and carriage you added!!

Crafting Belle said...

Fab card, we get an extra holiday on the day of the wedding...I think I'll use it to get crafting, lol. xxx

Made by Mandy said...

Georgia your card is totally amazing. I love how you have combined it with the horse and cart image. I luurve Google too, such a vast amount of resources.

Love Mandy xxx

Sue said...

Georgia, this is so darn cute! Love your background carriage and horse, waiting for this Royal couple. Don't think I will be getting up at 4 am to watch this wedding, but they will be replaying it for days!! Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

How creative! Love the card.

Jennie said...

This is soooo cute!!! Love the prince and Kate hehehe!

You have done an awesome job Georgia :) xxx

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...