Friday, August 6, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio DT Call

Michelle Perkett Studio is in the midst of a DT call until August 15th. If you go to her blog you will receive this cute image as a freebie to make a card for the DT call. Here is what I did:
I punched out my own flower from a piece of paper from a book and then used Tattered Angels spritz inks to age and color it a bit. The inner flower was punched from a shimmery envelope ( I use everything...think green!). I masked the birthday cake image and stamped a background around it using a retired SU stamp. I colored the image using both Copic and Sharpie markers. My paper is both co'ordinations for the solid piece and a piece of Sandy Lion DP that I have had in my stash for years. I decided to do a little something out of the ordinary with the finished image so I "off set" it on the card to make it really pop out! I hope "you all" like the finished product! I do!

8 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Georgia
Love your card, and that you recycled!! Good luck on the DT call.
Marilyn

Michelle said...

Hi Georgia!

I love your birthday card! Great coloring of my image and I love the daisy's you stamped in the background! Nice to see you've recycled as well!! Thank you so much for such a lovely card and for applying for the DT!!:)

Hugs,

Michelle

grandmalee said...

Wonderful layout and coloring of this yummy image! Glad that you also recycle whenever possible, too! I need to check out my envelopes better to see if any are flower worthy like yours! Good luck!

Christine said...

Love it! Good luck on the call!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Georgia! Best of luck for the DT.

racinggrandma61 said...

Great job Georgia. You do such great work. Good luck on your app

Pattie G said...

I love this card Georgia. Good Luch at the DT call.

Hugs
Pattie

Georgia said...

Hi Georgia, the card looks great! Good luck!!!!!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...