Sunday, March 21, 2010

KAPOW !


Who doesn't love the movie Cars?! I have a little boy in my class who is turning 5 this week and he loves the movie...So...I thought I would whip him up a birthday card using my Cricut "Cars" Cartridge. Sounds easy peasy right? Wrong! It took me two hours of manual labor to make it look like this. I couldn't get my machine to cut my colored card stock, it kept on ripping it! So I finally used heavy white card stock and colored all the parts before putting them together! My background was done with water color paper and paint. I like how it turned out and I hope he loves it cause it was a labor of love for me! Leave me some lovin' !
I am entering this in the Cricutters Anonymous Challenge #29 which is to make a man themed card...

6 comments:

Georgia said...

Hi Georgia, Your car card looks great! I love the shadowing!! My grandson loves cars and I'm sure he would approve of this one!

Marlene said...

Awww, adorable! He's gonna LOVE it!

Lynne said...

The card looks great!! He is one lucky little man to receive a great card like this! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricutters Anonymous!!
Lynne CA DT

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Awesome card! All the trouble you went through paid off because it looks great. I love how you did the background. Thanks for playing with us at cricutters anonymous (just buggin)

Tricia T said...

Wow! That was definitely a labor of love, but it turned out FANTASTIC!!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is amazing, love that fun background! Thanks for joining us at Cricuttes Anonymous (formerly Just Buggin)!

Kandi CA DT

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...