Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Digi Shack Spring Blog Hop!






If you came here from Deanne's blog then you are right on track! Next hop should be to Jana's blog. Have fun! If you started on my blog then you need to go back to the beginning at The Digi Shack cause you don't want to miss a thing! Everyone that participates in at least 5 different challenges will be entered to win ALL of our images!!

My challenge for you today is to do an easel card! I have used a cute new image available for the first time today at TDS! So...Drum Roll Please.....


I found directions on easel cards on Split Coast Stampers by Beate Johns.









Easel Card Instructions

  • One 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock
  • One 4 1/4" square piece of cardstock
  • Scor-Pal™, or other scoring tool. (I used my
  • Scor-Tape™, or other strong adhesive
  • Additional cardstock for card inside and card front
  • Stamps
  • Ink and embellishments

Step 1

Score the 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8".
Hint:
On a Scor-Pal, the 6 3/8" measurement is marked with a dot on the upper guide.

Step 2



Prefold all score lines.
First fold the card in half, then fold the second score line (6 3/8") opposite from the 4 1/4" score line.







Step 3

Place cardstock on table with the 4 1/4" side down.
Add Scor-Tape to the 2 1/8" x 4 1/4" section cardstock that is facing up.










Step 4

Remove the Scor-Tape liner and adhere the 4 1/4" cardstock square to the card base.
Line up the top of the square with the top of the 2 1/8" x 4 1/4" section.
This creates the easel card base










Step 5

Decorate the card front.

Step 6

Decorate the card inside.To make the easel card stand up by itself, add an embellishment or an extra layer (for this sample, it's the punched layer) the inside of your card. This that will keep the card front from closing.

It is best to have that embellishment or layer at least 1/3" into the card from the bottom up.


Easel card opened on view to your right....

So now that you know how to do it, let's see what you create! Leave me a comment and a link to your creation and I will have a free digital image from The Digi Shack for one lucky person! To give everyone a fair chance, I will place all names in a bowl and pick the winner so all of you have an equal chance of winning!

Now a reminder:

If you came here from Deanne's blog then you are right on track! Next hop should be to Jana's blog. Have fun! If you started on my blog then you need to go back to the beginning at The Digi Shack cause you don't want to miss a thing! Everyone that participates in at least 5 different challenges will be entered to win ALL of our images!!

There are prizes to be found along the way so good luck !

If you get lost or are just meandering around; the order of the blog hop can be found below:

Order of the blog hop:

Amy ---------> Arlene
Arlene-------->Carlie
Carlie-------->Christina K
Christina K-------->Christy D
Christy D-------->Deanne
Deanne-------->Georgia
Georgia-------->Jana
Jana-------->Laurie
Laurie -------->Lelia
Lelia-------->Marlene
Marlene-------->Mary
Mary-------->Ramona
Ramona-------->Stuffie
Stuffie-------->Tammy
Tammy-------->Tricia

23 comments:

Marlene said...

Beautiful card - and I'm SO GLAD you posted the tutorial on how to make an easel card because I've never done one! Thanks, hon!

Toni said...

I totally have to try this. It's a fun, different type of card and you did a great job.

Tammy said...

Very pretty, Georgia!!! I love easel cards and you did an amazing tutorial girl!!!

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job! I love the way you decorated your card...I've not quite got the hang of it yet! ;O)

Hugs,
Lelia

~Jeri~ said...

Awesome card and thanks for posting the tutorial. I've been wanting to make one of these for so long, maybe I can make myself do one this week!! Love the border punch you used, goes well with the beautiful images you used!!!

Rleen said...

Hi Georgia, your easel card is fabulous! I love the colors and great tutorials. TFS!
Have a great day!
Hugs, Arlene

Laurie Unger said...

awesome tutorial! TFS

Christina said...

BEAUTIOUS!!!! What a pretty card. I will definitely be trying this one!!

stuffie said...

omg! Looks so pretty!! I have always wanted to do one of those easel cards! I will have to try that!

Deanne Clarke said...

Beautiful card! I made my first easel card this week!!! I had fun!!

Christy Dillman said...

Lovely card, beautifully colored ans assembled! I have not made an easel card yet but I know we are at card club this week.

Hugs,
Christy

Amy said...

I love how you placed the images. Clever. Love the easel card!!

Spyder said...

Thought I'd have a go!!
here's my easel card
not sure if I can do all five challenges, but will try!
((Lyn))

Tricia said...

thank you so much for these easy and clear instructions !I have always wanted to make one of these!

Unknown said...

Love your card!! Love this challenge!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jana M. said...

Gorgeous! Easel cards are fun and yours is just fabulous!

cr8iveme said...

Hi Georgia! It's nice to be working with you again. What an awesome card. I love easel cards.

{hugs}
Mary

Carlie M. said...

Awesome card!!! Love your colors and the image is cool too!!

Queen La Rubba said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love it! Thank you for the tutorial! It is actually very easy to understand compared to others I've seen. Thank you for the op to learn on this fun hop! Love your blog and your work! Now follow'n along and would love for you to hop on over and follow along with me too! While you are there please enter in my candy!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Bobbi said...

Beautiful, love the springy colors you used. I am ready for nicer weather. I definitely want to try this one.

CarlaKH said...

I may have to try this after all.. I have too "afraid" that those easel cards were just too hard! Gorgeous!

Sue said...

Great Easel Card and wonderful tutorial. They are addicting.

Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

Take Care
Sue

Bobbi said...

I uploaded a card to my blog to meet your challenge. Thanks for the fun

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...