Sunday, January 8, 2012

You're Pear-fect!


I wanted to show you all the card I made using an image from Doodle Pantry. There is a challenge going on over there right now : Doodle Pantry challenge #19 and the only requirement is to use a Doodle Pantry image (not a sentiment). If you meet this requirement you will be given a free image set which is simply adorable!
For my card I used a pear from the set called Pears & Raspberries. I took the single pear and made a group of 3 by overlapping the image and reversing it til I liked the results. I love that digital images give you that freedom! Here is he set I used:

My card is rather simple but I love that I had the chance to practice my shading and that the pears are the "star" of the card! Go on over to Doodle Pantry and check out the challenge. You still have plenty of time to join the fun!
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafty Emma - Anything Goes
All That Scraps - Anything Goes
I Break For Challenges - Clean & Simple

17 comments:

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Georgia, I love this card. I haven't used this set forever. Now I'm craving a pear! I wonder why?!? Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

AllisonG said...

Love this set - thanks for showing it off! Your coloring is great and your clean and simple layout makes the image the absolute star of the card. Great work!

Kathy W. said...

Great card Georgia! Love this set, I don't think I have this one...time to go shopping!! Thanks for the inspiration *Ü*

Kristine said...

Lovely job coloring up the pears!! Love the combo of 3. I have this set too--YUM! *Ü* xKris

karen said...

Lovely card and great colouring, thanks so much for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

Patti P. said...

Those pears are the star and should be, they are so pretty...love the shading.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Georgia, I have never used this image before, looking at yours I wonder why in the world I haven't. Fab card!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Yummy enough to eat - they look fantastic on the card!

Karen Howard said...

Delicious looking pears and your card is just as fabulous!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card, Georgia. What wonderful coloring!

Kathleen said...

Great card, fab image which is coloured beautifully
Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley
Hugs
Kat xx

Patti J said...

Great card, Georgia! I haven't used this image, but seeing it all colored up makes me want to use it soon!!! Love it - Pure genius making your trio of pears!!! Hugs...

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous pears Georgia, love how you put three together, nice!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this card,love the colouring too.

Thanks for the comment on my card, much apprectiated.

Donna said...

Gorgeous coloring - makes me want a REAL pear!! Great job!!

Jennifer said...

Fabulous work. Thanks for playing at CES challenges xx Jenny xx

Mel said...

Aww this is fab!
Utterly gorjuss wee creation!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges
Hugs Melly xxx

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...