Sunday, January 22, 2012

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N !



The card I made today for Doodle Pantry uses images from two different image sets. My armadillo is from the "Quirky Armadillo" set along with the sentiment. The suitcases are from the "Vintage Auto" set. Both are already colored. How easy is that! What I loved about these images is that they color coordinated with each other so making my card was a snap! I sized and placed the images where I wanted them with Photoshop and then printed them out.I stitched around the top layers of my card with my sewing machine and then added some butcher's twine to accent the corners. I used a punch to do he border along the bottom of the white paper. All of my papers are from my scrap pile. I love using my scrap pile...lol!


I love how it turned out. (Now I am just waiting for someone I know to go on vacation...lol!)
Check out the wonderful images that Laurie has for sale at Doodle Pantry! Have a great week everyone...

14 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun card, and so creative too!

Lorie said...

That is super cute and so fun!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, this is the best, Georgia! I hope the image comes uncolored as well, because if so, he's going to the tippy top of my wish list! I love this! :)

AllisonG said...

I love how you combine images from different sets. For some reason that never even occurs to me. So clever! I NEED a vacation - does that count?! LOL

Patti J said...

You are a genius! So happy that little guy is going to get to take a trip! Love how you combined images - great card!!!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Georgia, this is just too funny! I love the two sets together - how creative!! Your right the colors are perfect together! Great card - someone will love it!
Hugs, Sarah

Kathy W. said...

Fabulous card Georgia! Love the two sets together, great idea =)

Pat (mspfd) said...

GORGEOUS! Love how you mixed and matched the images. Such a fabulous card, Georgia.

Elizabeth Hart said...

I am crazy in love over this card - using the images from the two different sets was pure genius and so very creative!

Glenda Atkins said...

This a super fun ,adorable and very creative card. Love the use of the two different sets. Wonderful!!

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous and will definitely send the lucky recipient off onto a memorable vacation.
Hugs
Desire

Sarah said...

Oh how cute!! I've got to try combining images, you did such a wonderful job!! MI love that spotty punched border too!!

Dawn Frost said...

Well imagine that...I'm on vacation Georgia. Aloha from Maui! Great card I love how you merged the two images!

Karen Howard said...

Fabulous combination of images, your idea turned out wonderful! Love the colors and layout of your card!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...