Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pics to Share

I wanted to share some photos that I took in Pennsylvania which were shot Labor Day weekend. My sister, brother in law, husband and I went to visit the ruins of an old dam in Austin that broke in 1926. It was standing for not even a year before it broke! This dam was built for a textile company and many lives were taken and the mill washed away when the dam gave way.


When the dam gave way, the last section of it was actually pushed sideways. The first photo shows the results of that force of water from mother nature. I was able to get the reflection of a fly fisherman in the photo! Can you see him?
(P.S. If you click on each photo it will become bigger for viewing!)


This next photo is one of my sister standing in the middle section of the dam that gave away. The size of the dam really amazed me! When this dam was built, it was all done by hand. No modern machinery like we have now!



The next photo is the same section of dam just at a farther away angle.


When the dam gave way, the last section of it was actually pushed sideways!




I hope you enjoyed these photos. I certainly loved being there and taking them! Have a great Saturday everyone! I will be posting a new challenge tomorrow from I Did It Challenge blog, so be sure to come back and check it out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These pictures are amazing!! It is awesome that you got your man in the picture!! LOVE them!!

Hugs~
Ramona

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...