Sunday, September 12, 2010

Michelle Perkett..."Stitch it Up"!


The challenge this week at Michelle Perkett Studio is stitching...real or faux.I have used Mary Margaret's brother Thomas for this challenge. Thomas is new to Michelle's studio, and a wonderful addition! (I'm not quite clear where he has been before he joined his sister...maybe at a boarding school? LOL!). I have used my Copic and Prismacolor markers to color him. He is backed with blue paper from CK, followed by paper from a file folder that I cut down. The background paper is also from Creating Keepsakes.I have used a marking pen to "stitch" around the edges of the image.I have added three buttons that have embroidery floss, and a cute wooden star(that also has stitching around it) to finish off the card. That star is from a package of 8 that I picked up at Hobby Lobby last week for 20 cents! I love those kind of deals!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, Georgia I love your Thomas card!! I love your story about him being away at boarding school!:) I love your coloring and your stitching is wonderful! Love the frame and the sherrif's badge, too! Thank you for joining us for our "Stitch it Up" Challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio this week!:)

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

I love your story about Thomas... I thought he was skipping lessons before he came back... lol.
I love the coloring and the well matching papers. thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studio challenge.
Hugs
Marion

Tammy said...

WOW this is adorable!! I love how you colored Thomas! Fantastic dp and faux stitching! Thank you for joining MPS this week!
Tammy x

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow Georgia, so much to look at, I love it!! What a great boarding school story. Great papers and coloring, just all around gorgeous!
hugs Marilyn

Christine said...

Love him!!! What a sweet back to school card!

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love it.

Mari Harpham said...

Awesome card. I love that star. What a bargin you found. I love shopping at Hobby Lobby. Your Thomas is very well done.

Claire said...

Wow, gorgeous card Georgia. I love the colours you've used and that button is just perfect!! Thanks for joining us at MPS, hope to see you next time too :-)
Claire xx

Unknown said...

Hi Georgia! I love your card, you have done such a great job with Thomas! Thanks for joining us at MPS this week.
Shelley :)

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...