Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CDAC Challenge!


Today marks the beginning of another challenge at CDAC. Check it out! This time our theme is, "There Is Something In The Air". Maybe Spring!
I was given this cute image by McMahon's Fine Designs. I love this vintage looking image so I attempted to do it up vintage. I used a free vintage background that I distressed with Tim Holtz inks. I also added some of the Tim Holtz tape to a couple of the areas. All of the other images of the clock, the tickets, and the key were more freebies from somewhere on the internet. My image was colored with both Promarkers and Copics. I added a little chalk for the cheeks. All in all...I am pleased with how it turned out! Vintage is not my forte, but I am starting to feel a little more comfortable with it! The little metal butterfly was a present from a friend so I don't know who made it...
Check out the challenge and buy in if you haven't done any yet. You will receive 5 digital images to work with. Make at least three of them into a card (or whatever you want), post on the Progressive challenge board and get next month's images free!
I would like to enter the following challenges:
MIM- Always Anything Goes
Paper Creations Ink #83 - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Tammy's Scrapin' Corner - Anything Goes w/ a Splash of Green
Outlaws Greeting Card Challenge - Distress!
Dream Valley Challenges - Earth Tones

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous vintage creation and perfect for spring.
Hugs
Desire

Janette said...

Your card is just so sweet, love the sentiment too...Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley.xx

NanaConnie said...

Incredible card for "May Flowers", Georgia! Wonderful sentiment and great color palette. So glad you entered our challenge at Paper Creations Ink and I hope we're going to see your work again. We love regulars. :-D
NanaConnie GDT

Unknown said...

oh I love this sentiment, I smiled when I think of this card.

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Good Luck the Winner will be announced on Sunday Evening.

I hope to see you enter next week!!

Marjo said...

Awesome card, love the design and yummy butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Creations Ink.

hugs, Marjo

Glenda Atkins said...

Love this vintage card, well done! I got inspired just looking at it, I may have to come back for another look!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Oh this is fantastic! Love the vintage feel to your card.

I saw your link on MIM, I'm number 162 this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Lisa Minckler said...

Well golly, if you hadn't said vintage wasn't your forte, I would never have known. I think you have a superb talent with this genre and I hope to see more in the future! Your card was a joy to admire. :)

Thank you so much for linking up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Andria said...

Found you on MIM :)thanks for sharing

Shari said...

Beautifully colored card with awesome embellishments! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley.

Pat said...

Wonderful springtime vintage card. Your color combo is so pretty and I love the whole vintage look. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...