Friday, October 28, 2011

Holiday Recipes!



I made these recipe books as Christmas presents for friends of mine so shush...don't tell them! I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the cover and pages with thin cardboard (think cereal boxes). I also used it to cover the pages and make the embellishments on each page. They were cut out of card stock 6 times and then I layered the embellishments to give them more strength and a 3D look. The slice of pie is a digital image from a set at Doodle Pantry called Decadent Desserts.I used a variety of holiday papers from my stash to cover the pages and my Bind It All to put everything together.
Here are a coupe pictures of the inside pages. I am going to write my favorite recipes on the cards and then stick them in each pocket. I hope they like them!


I would like to enter the following challenges :
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes (Must be Christmas related)
Southern Girls Challenge - Stripes and polka dots
My Creative Time - Use your Cricut (and DT call)

22 comments:

Kathy W. said...

Oh these are awesome! Great idea and I think I'm gonna CASE this if you don't mind *Ü* Have a great weekend!

Glora said...

This is SO pretty and a terrific idea. What a treasure it will be. Good luck. Hugs- Glora

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This is a great idea. I've been looking to make a recipe book for my family. This is great inspiration. Good Luck on the DT Call at MCT. Smooches... Felicia

Emily said...

This is cute and a perfect idea! Good luck!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Georgia, these are fantastic! What great gifts!

Anonymous said...

love this!! good luck in the DT call

Micia

Tip Top said...

What a wonderful idea!! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

Karen Howard said...

These are fabulous! Your friends are going to love them! Hugs, Karen

Patti J said...

Great idea, Georgia! What wonderful gifts for someone special!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a great project, love all your details! Good luck with the DT call :)

Elizabeth Hart said...

This recipe booklet is totally fabulous - love the little pockets inside. This might have to be a project for me soon.

BugBites said...

wow- you have lucky friends to get such a great gift.

Kristin said...

So pretty! Good luck!!

Hetty said...

What a lovely recipe book. I am sure the recipes inside will be as yummy as the outside!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh My Goodness what a darling idea! This looks like a ton of work but it will be something that is cherished!
Hugs, Sarah

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh what a great project and fun gift your friends are going to love these cute recipe books, they're fabulous!

Amanda T said...

WOW! This is great. What a wonderful idea!!

Glenda Atkins said...

What a super special gift to make, wow! Wonderful, wonderful job!!

Vicki said...

What a great idea for the holidays Georgia! I love the covers!

HUGS!
Vicki

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is fabulous! So cute and what a great gift!

Dawn Frost said...

What fantastic Christmas gifts Georgia! Your friends are very lucky!

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Very nice! Great gift idea! Good luck on the DT call!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...