Friday, October 21, 2011

Doodle Pantry "Howdy"!


Isn't this the cutest image of Birdie yet?! I love those cowboy boots! I made my card using kraft paper and red card stock from AC Moore. I used my Cricut Expression to cut the scalloped shapes around the image and the red frame. I then used versamark ink and stamped the horses on the kraft paper. The stamp is from a retire set from Stampin' Up. The image came colored already and the Howdy sentiment is part of the set so I just added it to the image before I printed it out.I used pop dots to "pop" the image up on the card. Pretty quick card! The ribbon is from Offray and the brad I picked up at a CK convention last year from one of those places that sell tons of different shaped brads. No company was listed.(Sorry).
You still have time to enter the challenge at Doodle Pantry to get the cute Quirky Penguin set for free. So check it out! It closes on the 24th so get crafting!

17 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Georgia, I love this! Love the background you created. The image pops off the page. What a great design. Enjoy the weekend.

Kathy W. said...

Love that background! Great job Georgia..TFS =)

Dawn Frost said...

I love your cowboy birdie Georgia, just too cute!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Georgia, this is just adorable! Love how you layered the sentiment just slightly on top of this adorable little cowboy! =) Such a happy little guy! Your card made me smile!
Hugs, Sarah

Shelby said...

What an absolutely adorable image and you did a fantastic job bringing him to life! Great job

Shelby

Kate said...

This is so cute. Your coloring is amazing.

Hugs,
Kate

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic card & love your fabbie image :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Amy Johnson said...

So adorable!

Lorianna said...

This is so cute
What a handsome little bird he is!!
Hugs

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your cowboy Birdie is so cute!

Vicki said...

Wow Georgia...what a great card. I love how you made your background paper...good thinking! Great cricut work too hon!

HUGS!
Vicki

Sharon Basel said...

Love this Georgia! The horses background is perfect with this cowboy birdie. Love that ribbon treatment with the star brad too.

Glenda Atkins said...

Georgia this card just pops! Your cowboy birdie is delightful and he just lights up the face of the card! What fun!!

Karen Howard said...

Fabulous card, love that you used horses in the background! Hugs, Karen

Donna said...

Love that cowbird - you did a great job!!

Patti J said...

Wow! How much fun, Georgia! I love the red ribbon and star treatment, and your background is just perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

Patti P. said...

Well Howdy Georgia, Your bg is perfection and love your ribbon treatment with the brad, Great job!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...