Friday, September 23, 2011

Parrot Love


This great image is from a new set at Doodle Pantry called Parrot Play. I love this bird and found it fun to color it! I used my Copic markers and also a white gel pen. I highlighted parts of the green feathers with the gel pen then went back over them with my green Copic marker to tone down some of the brightness of the white. I then used a glitter pen over that. I really think it made the feathers look more realistic! I love how it turned out! I used papers from my stash, and green ribbon from Joann's. The dots on the card are from a pack that I bought at my LSS. The yellow dotted ribbon and the embossing folder that I used on my green background paper are from Paper Studio. All in all: I really am happy with the results.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
CCEE Stampers - Add a Bird
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Add a Ribbon
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
The Play Date Cafe - Use the specified photo as inspiration for your colors

15 comments:

Kathy W. said...

Love the colors! Great layout and embellies *Ü*

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Georgia, this is really pretty! I love how you went back over the white gel pen so it wasn't so bold. Great thinking! I also love the sparkle. Great card!
Hugs, Sarah

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, Georgia! This is spectacular. Awesome color and your design is fabulous.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Georgia! Your parrot is so pretty, beautiful job coloring too :) Jan

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty card!

Donna said...

Georgia - you did a great job coloring - love your card!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Georgia! That ribbon is perfect, and so is your coloring! Well done!

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous colours you've used for the parrot! Love it.

La Vikinga said...

Hi Georgia; no text butseveral ribbon-works! Thats what I like, too!

Thanks for taking part in our Challenge at Crafty Ribbons!

La Vikinga

Stacy said...

Cool card! Love the bows on the card. Thanks for playing with us at PDCC!

Patti P. said...

Very pretty Georgia, love the drop shadow around the parrot as well as your coloring on him. Great design.

Patti

Glenda Atkins said...

Wow super card, love those colours and your colouring is wonderful. He is one great parrot!

Michele Gross said...

Great job with the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Unknown said...

What a bright cheery card this is. Love your Parrot. Thanks for sharing with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time. Hope to see you again next time.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sue said...

Georgia, beautiful coloring on the parrot! Love the colors you chose too.

Hugs
Sue

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...