Monday, September 5, 2011

Doodle Pantry Challenge Time!



Well...this is my first challenge since joining the Doodle Pantry DT once again! I was so excited to work with Laurie's images! The new releases this month are so wonderful! Make sure to check them all out here and then plan on doing some shopping! I used 2 different images from the new ones.... I used the Vintage Slot Machine and the Quirky Ostrich images. How fun are these! I did the slot machine using DCWV paper behind it with numbers (get it...$$$$ numbers hopefully) and then added some fruit brads just like the old machines would line up in the windows! I colored it with my Copic markers and a Spica glitter pen. Then added a jewel to the bottom of the machine where the lock would be. This will be for one of my best friends who loves playing the slots. (shhh...don't tell her...lol!). The ostrich was also colored with Copics and then I used a white gel pen to do the polka dots and plaid lines. I love how sweet she looks! I used several different ribbons for the bow on the top and another 2 ribbons and metal fastener (from Quick Quotes I think) for the bottom piece.
Today starts a new Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge... all you have to do is use any Doodle Pantry Image and enter!! Everyone who enters WINS a complimentary digi set (includes outline, fully colored images, sentiments AND digi papers!!) ~ so come over and check it out!!


Go over to the Doodle Pantry challenge blog and check out all of the wonderful creations that the DT have done for you. Happy Labor Day everyone!

14 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

FAbulous creations, Georgia. It's so good to have you back on the team! Hope you are enjoying your holiday!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Georgia, so glad to have you back girl!! Both of these cards are just too cute! Love your fruit brads - how perfect is that. That little flower you made with ribbon is just darling! Love your creativity girl - keep it up!!
Hugs, Sarah

Sharon Basel said...

Welcome back to the creative team Georgia! I just love these cards and the creative elements you brought to them. It was so perfect to use the number paper with the slot machine and your fruit brads are just so clever! On the ostrich, I love that ribbon bow and the dots and plaids you created - I thought you paper pieced those areas at first - I think that adds the perfect touch to that sweet card.
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Georgia your two cards are wonderful, super job on both. I adore those fruit brads! Looking forward to 'working' with you!! Welcome to the team , or I quess welcome back:0)

Kristine said...

Hi Georgia! And a big Congrats and welcome to the team *Ü* Your cards are so cute. I especially LOVE your polka-dots and gingham on the ostrich--so fun. I just love this team so much. Have a great day!

Patti P. said...

Georgia, I love both of your creations...the ribbon flower is so pretty and the way you colored the ostrich is gorgeous. I am sure your friend will love the slot machine, I can't wait to make something with it. Looking forward to working with you.

Patti

Donna said...

Georgia - Great job on both your cards. I look forward to working with you on the Doodle Pantry team.

Happy Labor Day!

Donna Wilson

Amy Johnson said...

Such fabulous and fun cards!

Kim Kelley said...

Both cards are adorable...but I LOVE the ostrich card!

Karen Howard said...

Hi Georgia, welcome to the DP team, I just joined last term myself and am looking forward to seeing all your creative projects! Love both your cards, especially the pretty colors on your first one!

Patti J said...

Hi Georgia! Welcome to the team! Your projects are so much fun! Great job on both. Love the slot machine - you picked a perfect background for it! What fun you had with the ostrich!!! It's adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn Frost said...

Woohoo we're back, lol! Fantastic cards Georgia, love how you did both of them. That quirky ostrich is hilarious!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Fabulous cards Georgia! Good to have you with us again too :)

Kathy W. said...

Great cards Georgia! Love the style of the slot machine...great work:)

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...