Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Doodle it Up!

I have a creation that I have done using a Doodle Pantry image and sentiments to show you today. I used Laurie's Pirate Birdie images and sentiments to make this birthday card for a young boy.






What a lot of fun I had making this card. I used my cuttlebug and 2 different embossing folders...one on the blue background the other on the black one. My gingham paper was from my stash of pieces so not sure whose it is... but I love it with this image! I used black glitter paper behind the "Ahoy Matey" sentiment and behind the inside sentiment. I wish it showed up better in the picture cause it really sparkles IRL.
My base was just 110 weight cardstock from Walmart to which I attached the turquoise paper and other papers.I used glitter pens, and Copics to color with.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge - Anything Goes!
Crafty Sentiments - Birthday
Scrap Creations - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Things with Wings

14 comments:

Patti J said...

This is fabulous! Love the card style, and that image is too much fun!!! Thanks for sharing - the young man will love it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowzers, Georgia! This is such a gorgeous design and perfect image for a young boy. Fabulous details and fold. Love how you used the treasure chests to frame the sentiment.

Amy Johnson said...

How adorable! This is one of my all time favorite sets!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Georgia, this is just so cute! Perfect for a young boy! Love the easel fold and the gigham paper. Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

Dawn Frost said...

He's so sweet Georgia! Arrr matey!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fab card for a boy, what little guy would not be pleased with such a card. Love the easel design, you have decorated it so well, especially with those treasure chests:) Love it!

Lorie said...

Oh, how cute! I love all the texture and that layout...fun! I'm sure it will be loved!

Donna said...

Georgia - you did a great job coloring that little birdie. I just love him, ARGGG!!

Kathy W. said...

So cute! Love the black/blue color combo. Great card for a young man!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I always love a great easel card but this is so cute with the two little treasure chests.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Cute, cute, cute, I love your easel card Georgia!

Karen Howard said...

This is fabulous!

Vicki said...

Georgia such a cute and well designed card! Great card!

HUGS!
Vicki

Patti P. said...

What an adorable easel card...I bet that he loved this. Love the texture on your card and of course the way you've colored this cutie.

Patti

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...