Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day!

Today marks the beginning of another new month in 2013 and finally one with the promise of Spring and Summer. The nice weather has been a long time coming but hopefully nicer weather is here to stay. As it is the first of the month that means a new release over at Doodle Pantry. I don't know how Laurie does it...but she continues to create wonderful new images each month! This month is no exception. All of the wonderful new sets can be viewed at the Doodle Pantry blog or/and store. Make sure to check them out!!
This time around for the new release I chose to work with Handy Birdie. I thought it would be perfect for a Father's Day card. Check out what I have created:


Here is a close up side view so you can see how I cut out the tool box and put pop dots under it to raise it up for more dimension...


I colored my image with a combo of Copic and Prisma markers. I used washi tape for the "rulers". The papers come with this set and I printed them off on my printer. I love the screwdriver paper! It is perfect for this cute handyman bird.

Here is one final front view of my card...


Come join our monthly challenge and receive a new set just for playing along! You must use a Doodle Pantry image (not just a sentiment). Check out the specifics here: Doodle Pantry Blog. Doodle Pantry also has a sale going on...and who doesn't love a sale??? 25% off everything special (minimum purchase $3.00)! MAY 1st thru may 6th only!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Incredible card Georgia...wow...I love everything about this card. Really love that you popped up the tool box too.

Glittered Paws said...

Cute cute - love the tool box popped up - this little guy is going to get a work out this month.

Marsha said...

Adorable and I LOVE the Washi tape.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! Your coloring and awesome layout and design rocks! Love how you popped up the tool box. Another fabulous creation, Georgia!

Glenda Atkins said...

Georgia what a fantastic design and great use of the washi tape.Love the dimension you gave the tool box. Wonderful!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Georgia this is gorgeous. I love the washi tape and your popped up toolbox. Just perfect!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so darn creative - love that ruler and of course, that tool box popping out is fabulous!!

Penny said...

OMGoodness, this is so sweet! Love that cute image, your design, papers & coloring! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Linda Anderson said...

Such a cutie of a card Georgia!! Love that washi tape and the dimensional tool box. Adorable.

Linda

Dawn Frost said...

I love the popped up tool box and the washi tape rulers! Very cool Georgia!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...