Monday, October 8, 2012

World Card Making Day...a little Late!

I know I am late for World Card Making Day which was Saturday but I was away and didn't remember to post it to my blog...my bad!
I went to New York City this past weekend to see the commissioning of a naval destroyer the Michael Murphy. This was by invitation only and my husband, SIL, BIL and myself were very honored to be invited! Here is a picture of the destroyer...


Michael Murphy was a Medal of Honor recipient posthumously after he gave his life to save other men in his outfit in Afghanistan. If you google his name you can find out more about this brave young man.
Anywho... onto my card...


My image is from Jellypark Friends colored with Copic markers. My papers are from DCWV. The wonderful flower that is on my card was made following a tutorial by Desire Fourie at Doing Life. She is one very talented lady and I have learned a lot from her! Make sure to check out her blog! Here is a close up of the flower...

Desire's tutorial is wonderful and easy to follow...
Here is one more look at my card


I would like to enter the following challenges:
Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays #79 - Always Anything Goes


7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous. Great design and colours. Pleased to see you managed the folded circle tutorial. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Ellis said...

Beautiful card you made, thanks for the nice comment on my blog hop card! =)
Hugs, Elenor

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful card Gorgia.
thank you for became a follower and goodluck in the draw.

greetings karin

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Goregeous project, beautifully designed. Thanks so much for hopping with us and becoming a follower on my blog.
Berni,DT

loz said...

Stunning card and coloring. Loz
Visiting from MIM

Sandy said...

Very cute card, love your flower too,
Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs, Sandy:)

Peanut said...

Too cute, Gorgia! That image is adorable and the flower is just perfect! Thanks for dropping in on me and leaving a lovely comment. See you again soon!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...