Saturday, September 15, 2012

Surprise!

Doodle Pantry is releasing five new sets for the middle of September! I had the chance to work with one of the new sets called "Piratey Ship" and I love this set! Perfect for a child's birthday card (or an adult's for that matter)! I used the pre-colored image for my card.


I used my Cricut Artiste cartridge from Close to My Heart to cut out the shape of the card. What a great cartridge this is proving to be. So very versatile! I used 2 sided designer paper from Recollections. I also cut out the scalloped circle for the card from the same cartridge. Here is what I created:


And here is an inside view of the card:


My birdie image on the inside is from another Doodle Pantry set called "Pirate Birdie". The sentiment underneath the bird and the sentiment on the side are both from the new "Piratey Ship" set.

Here is one more view of my card opened slightly so you can see the fold. I love how it turned out!


I would like to enter the following challenges:
Party Time Tuesdays - Multi folds
Inspire me Fridays - Always anything Goes
My Heart Pieces Digital Challenge - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Georgia I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular shaped card. Love how you combined both set. The colors in the background papers are perfect!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This just FABULOUS. Love the colors and the shape with the cute pirate bird inside - perfection!

Glenda Atkins said...

A beautifully designed card, love the fold, great way to showcase the fab pirate ship and birdie! Love it!

Dawn Frost said...

Georgia what a great card! Love the boat/birdie and papers!

Glittered Paws said...

Georgia I thought sure I left a comment on this but...can't find it - this is absolutely too cute - don't have a machine to cut but still have my "old" coluzzle stuff. This is one I will just have to "case" if you don't mind.

Deanne Saunders said...

What a cute card!!! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!
~DEANNE~

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...