Saturday, September 22, 2012

Black and White and Boo to you!

SKDigis has a new challenge that ends tomorrow. I am just getting this card in "under the wire" ! I received this cute image monster two for entering their challenge last week. I used orange as my third color (black and white plus 1 is the challenge).


I used a die cut from All Wrapped Up for my fence. I also dry embossed it with a cuttlebug branches die. The black card stock was embossed using a dotted swiss folder.The monster was colored with my Copics and then I used a white gel pen to color the edges of his hair and toes. I used an action wobble to place him on my card. He wiggles very nicely! lol!
Here is a look at my whole card...

Some pretty dotted ribbon was used as a border and a half of a doily was placed on the top.




The doily was inked up with Tim Holtz pumpkin spice distress ink. I then stamped the crow image on the doily using black ink. I just wanted to give the card more dimension. I am so not used to adding so many layers. This is definitely not the "norm" for me. I am trying to experiment with new ideas. The sentiment is a retired one from Stampin' Up. It was distressed using some memento gray ink. Also added was some black embroidery floss to the fence. I almost forgot to mention the goggly eyes that I added to the monster too! Let me know if you think this card looks "too busy".
I would like to enter the folowing challenges:

SKDigis - black & white plus one color
Scrappy Moms - Halloween

11 comments:

Sharla said...

What an awesome card Georgia!! Love the fence and the doily,, so cute! Thanks for joining us at SKdigis! ~Sharla :)

Saundra said...

How cute is this! I love it! Thanks for playing along at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So stinkin' cute! I just love Wobbles too. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Mom Stamps! :D

- Mel

Sonia said...

OH WOW! your card is super cool! I love it with :) Thanks for joining us this week at SKdigis...hugs...SK:)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, Georgia! This is a knockout!! Love everything, especially the stamp doily. The image and your amazing design are fabulous.

Sonya said...

What an adorable little monster! So very glad you joined us at SKdigis this week!

Larelyn said...

Love, love, love this! The white highlights just finish the little guy perfectly. thanks for sharing at SKdigis.
Hugs,
Larelyn

shelly said...

super card! i dont think too busy looking at all. i like how the doily looks like a moon and the dotted ribbon makes me think night sky :)and of course the cute as ever little monster is colored nicely :) thanks for sharing with us at SKdigis :)

Annette said...

Your card is fantastic! Love all the details and don't think it is too much. Thanks for playing with us at SKdigis:)

Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh My! I giggled on the last card and now I'm laughing with this ADORABLE card..I love love love that face and your sketch is super to go along with it!

K Clark said...

love it!!!
love that you joined us for our second challenge at SKdigi - hope to see you again next week - Kimberly

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...