Monday, February 6, 2012

I Love You...









I made this valentine with my granddaughter in mind. She is ten and I think she will love it. My image is from Doodle Pantry. I used a tutorial that I found on SplitCoast Stampers for the card design and template. I cut the letters out of designer paper from K & CO. It was really easy to make so next I will do one for my seven year old grandson!
I used my Cricut to make the key (cut three times, glued together and used copper embossing powder). I used a few punches for the butterflies and flower base. I used Tattered Angels glitter mist on the white butterfly.(Hard to see in photo but looks pretty IRL.) The ticket stub is from a raffle ticket role and the little round "joy" was from an old kit from Creating Keepsakes.The tiny hearts are leftover scraps from my Spellbinders round heart die! I try to use everything! My SIL says I have "Packenson's Disease" cause I am a pack rat when it comes to anything I think I can create with! lol!
I distressed all the edges of the letters and heart with Stampin' Up ink. A few tiny brads from Tim Holtz and I was finished. I really like how it turned out. How about you?
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Pink & Red
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges #52 - Romantic Theme
Lollipop Crafts #66 - Valentine's Day card
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes

18 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh this looks familiar! *Ü* FABULOUS job decorating this word art Georgia--LOVE IT!! These are fun and can get addictive huh? I'm ready to try another one already. Gotta think up a different word hehee. Love the HEART SHEEP on that heart section--great thinkin'!! *Ü*

Lorianna said...

OH WOW!!!
Georgia
This is FABULOUS!!!!
She is gonna LOVE IT!!
Now your gonna make me go try one!!
LOL
Hugs
Lorianna

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous and such a fun project to do with your daughter.
Hugs
Desire

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous Georgia, your granddaughter will love it!

AllisonG said...

Georgia, what a great "card!" You always think outside the box and I love seeing what you come up with. Thanks for sharing.

Patti J said...

Fabulous, my friend! I totally love it!!! Thanks so much for inspiring me to try that technique! Hugs...

Rene said...

How adorable! Thank you so much for linking up at Make it Monday! Don't forget to be in the running to win this week's fabulous prize, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM. The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Scrappycath said...

This is really cool. I saw it on Make it Monday!

Kathy W. said...

Lovely job! I can't wait to make one of these Word cards =) Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This card is such a winner - love the colors and the sheep (overloaded with hearts)- it is so fabulous!

Amy Johnson said...

What a creative, sweet, and pretty Valentine card!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh My Goodness girl! This is just amazing!! Great creativity! Love it!
Hugs, Sarah

Unknown said...

WOW!! What a fantastic card!! Love the folding! Thanks for joining my challenge over at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Louise said...

Gorgeous card love the shape,thanks for joining us at Cupcake craft this week and good luck.
Louise xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular card, Georgia! The design is outstanding!

Leanne said...

Wow!! This is awesome! She is going to love it!
Thanks for linking up with us at Lollipop Crafts!
;)

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness your granddaughter will love this valentines card!

Patti P. said...

How great is this? I love seeing what everyone is doing with the word art. Your design is fab though, love the heart sheep with this one and I am sure your granddaughter will love this.
hugs...

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...