Monday, June 27, 2011

It's a Critter Monday!

Today our challenge (#71) at Critter Sketch is a recipe: 2 papers, 1 image, 1 sentiment and 1 paper flower. I chose to make a small gift box which is perfect for a gift card. My papers are from Quick Quotes, my image is from Hero Arts and I made the paper flower.



The sentiment is from Sentimental Sundays.I used a Spellbinders die for the sentiment and backing paper. I stamped the scalloped circle for my flower with a stamp from SU. I then crumpled up the scallops a few times to get the worn look before I put the flower together. I really like how it turned out. And the best part? It was done with the little scrap pieces left over after I made and covered the box! An exact match! My image was cut out using a scalloped punch.
Go on over to Critter Sketch and check out all of the creations done by our D.T. and then give the challenge a go!
I am also entering this into the following:
Bloggers Challenge- Things with Wings
Fabulous Friday - Black and while plus 1 other Color
Fun With Shapes - Must include a die cut/ punch
Inspire Me Fridays - Always Anything Goes
Stretch n Bubbles - DT call

11 comments:

Jennie said...

this is so cute Georgia!
I love the colour scheme! Sentiment is really appropriate too :D

Hope you are well xx

Barbara said...

Georgia, this is terrific! The colors are very fun. I especially like the surprise inside! Hugs!

Ann said...

Great card. Scallop punch flowers are one of my favorites!
Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

Anonymous said...

Wow this all goes together so well. That bird is adorable. Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs and sharing your wonderful talent with us!

Hugs,
Kristin
http://lilsweetpeasplace.blogspot.com/

Yvonne Garner said...

Great card Georgia!

BugBites said...

wonderful card. TFS with us at Frosted Designs.

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a fun GC holder, love the papers!Thanks for playing at with us at the Bloggers Challenge!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous creation, Georgia! Thanks for joining in the DT Call at StretchNBubbles. Good Luck!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline
SNB DT (and your latest follower!)

Ashley Horton said...

I love this!! The flower is so pretty and I love the little birdie!! The green really pops against the b&w! Thanks for joining us at FD this week! - Ashley, Guest Designer

Pat (mspfd) said...

This looks amazing, Georgia! How cute with such great embellishments. Love the flower.

Ida said...

Fun and Funky - Great patterned paper. Thanks for joining the BC Things with Wings challenge.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...