Sunday, March 13, 2011

IDIC "Masking" Challenge!


That's right we are having a technique challenge at I Did It Creations this week!
Let's give 'Masking' a try. It is a little different if you use a digi but it can be done without too much trouble. If you are using a traditional stamp you are almost
unlimited with what you can do using this fabulous technique. If you hop over to our challenge blog, there are two links on how to mask done by two of our team members, Cindy and Gurkiss. Thank you girls! Here is what I came up with using a cute digital image from Robyn's shop called Five Little Froggies. I used a rubber stamp behind the digital. I printed off the frogs image and then the fun began! I printed off another copy of the frogs image the exact same size as the first one.

Then I cut out the extra frogs image on the scrap card stock and covered the first frogs image on the full sheet of card stock. I then stamped the tree onto the card stock and covered image. When I took away the covered image and revealed the bottom image; voila! It took me a few attempts to do it but I do like how it turned out.
Check out all of the wonderful creations done by our design team and then give the technique a try. Remember that you can get a free image to play with for this challenge too! Just email Jeanette at: jeanette_wtrs@yahoo.com with challenge freebie request in subject line. Please include the DT member's name who used the image.
Have a great Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hey Georgia!I am in awe of this beauty! Love this stamp and I love your masking! Its so incredibly effective xxx

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...