Sunday, December 6, 2009

Twisted Sisters' Challenge #35 and a DT Callout!


This week S2G has a sketch with a cool twist! You are to use foil or tin somewhere on your card...(Pretty cool, huh!).I chose this cute little mouse image from S2G that is holding a bunch of flowers. The original image had a sentiment that read"You've got a friend in me". But I wanted to make this into a holiday card, so after printing it (it's a digital image)I just cut out the part I wanted to use and then colored with my Copics. I added some glam to the flowers by using prima flowers over the original ones, then coloring them with Copics, added some Stickles and then glitter over that! Wheh! But the end result is worth it cause I think those flowers remind me of poinsettias...(use your imagination here ladies and gents!!!). I used regular tin foil that I folded several times before using my snowflake folder and running it thru my cuttlebug. Chalks were used on the background for my mouse image. The sentiment is an old SU stamp and I added a paper clip with a little bit of gingham for the embellishment. I also ran some ribbon around the border of my foiled piece. My background dp was a scrap I had on my work table. I am so trying to always use them up!
They are also having a callout for new members to their design team! This card is my entry for that as well. Go to their site by clicking on S2G that can be found at the beginning of this post. Give it a try!
I hope your week is "merry & bright"! Leave me some lovin' !

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Georgia - Your card is fabulous this week. Love how you used the foil. Thanks for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday.

Justine said...

Love this Georgia and how very clever of you to change it up to fit your needs. I love versatility

Georgia said...

What a great idea with the foil. I'll have to try that sometime in the distant future. lol

Anne said...

What a great Christmas card, love the poinsettias on it (or point-etceteras as I used to call them as a child LOL)! Thanks for playing along at Twisted Thursday with Shirleys2Girls

S2G said...

What YOU did with that Kitchen Foil! YOWSER! great job girl! DEIDRE

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...