Saturday, December 19, 2009

Rudolph is getting ready to fly!


So anyway...I read a story to my preschoolers yesterday at work entitled "Mrs. Santa Claus". In the story, Santa and the reindeer come down with spots so it is up to Mrs. Claus to figure out how to deliver all the presents. Being a woman of course she has a plan. She outfits a bicycle with a vacuum cleaner motor and enables it to fly. Problem solved! But, to get to the point of my title here... We (the children and I) got to talking about Rudolph. The children were worried that he would still be sick and not able to fly on Christmas Eve. This is where my little white lie comes in...I told them that Rudolph wasn't sick. When they asked me how I knew... I told them cause he lives at my house and only goes to the North Pole 2 days before Christmas to make the trip! I told them that he was quite happy at my house where it is warmer than the North Pole and that he likes to play with my dog and munch on the grass in my back yard! Now for the real problem... I told them I would bring in pictures of him on Monday! So I guess I better get busy finding pics of reindeer on the internet! Oh, I also told them that his nose is only red right before Christmas so that he can guide the sleigh! LOL!

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh what a cute story, I am not even a child and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Hugs
Desire

Christine said...

You are too funny! What a cute story!

Blessings,
Christine

Laurie Wilson said...

You are sneaky and clever to come up with those answers for those kids! Creative and just a darling fun story for Christmas.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...