Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Canny...Isn't it?!


I made these containers to hold little gifts for Christmas. The short squatty one is from a tin of peanuts. I opened it from the bottom, removed the nuts, washed it out and then filled it and resealed it. What did I fill it with you ask? Why money of course! I will give it to one of my sons for Christmas. He will have to open it with the top pop on the can so I don't think he'll realize what will be in it! What fun! The other two cans are from vegetables and mandarin oranges. I used the food in them (opened the normal way),removed the labels,painted the rims, and used some decorative papers, stamps, and Cricut images to decorate along with some fun ribbons, wire for the handles(used my Crop-a-dile to punch out the holes for the wire) added a little bit of fluff for the red embellishments on the stamped one.These will contain candy canes, and hot cocoa packages. So...are you eating your vegetables?! Treasures can be found once the cans are empty!

6 comments:

Georgia said...

Georgia, I love the money can idea!! Hope your son doesn't read your blog! Have a good one.

Gina Lindsay said...

Cute!I love the peanut can idea.

Sue said...

Georgia, these are great ideas and fun projects. Obviously you aren't worried about your son seeing this, hee hee. Will be great fun on Christmas to see him open it. Happy Holidays.

Christine said...

These are so cute! I saw the idea of opening the can upside down on TV in Utah. Great idea!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Georgia said...

I left you an Award on my blog. You need to go get! Click here.

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous containers. Great idea for gifts. It was interesting reading and learning more about you above here. Can't believe you are the middle child of 7 and how ironic is it that your parents had 4 more boys after your and not one of them is named George.
Also wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season.
Hugs
Desire

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...