Friday, September 20, 2013

The Sentiment is Key !

This time around the challenge at Jellypark Friends is to make the sentiment on your creation the focal point. We want it to be the star! Here is what I created with that in mind...
I can't help but smile at that sentiment. I can remember my sister Lynda always singing that song to all of our children and making them smile! I used my Cricut die cutting machine to cut out the sun and then used a stamp for the face. I used white card stock for the base of my card. Over the card stock I added a piece of DP that I bought at a yard sale. My sentiment was printed out large, then a button added to the middle of the sun design on it. I used a pale yellow card stock and a glitter yellow paper to back it with. My other #1 paper was cut out from a piece of designer paper. A pretty easy card to create but I love the overall effect. Check out all of the lovely creations at Jellypark Friends and then try your hand at the challenge! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

So cheerful. Love the angled layers and the cheerful yellow.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Penny said...

What a bright, cheery, fun card, Georgia! Love the sentiment, the design, the DP, the colors, and that fab sun! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sue said...

Hey Girlfriend, long time...thanks for the comment at BSS!

Love this card, if this doesn't brighten your day and make you smile, your hopeless!! Wonderful bright creation.

Hugs
Sue

Mary Decker said...

Your card is so uplifting. It is beautifully crafted. Congratulations on w inning an award for it!

MissMary

Mary Decker said...

Your card is so uplifting. It is beautifully crafted. Congratulations on w inning an award for it!

MissMary

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...