Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Easel Card Birthday Fun!

I tried my hand at an easel card and created a birthday card using a Doodle Pantry image. Here it is...
Isn't he the cutest little dino ever?! I used solid paper from Stampin' Up for the turquoise background. I ran it through my Cuttlebug embossing folder to get the sweet bubble effect.My D.P. is a scrap. My sentiment comes with the dino set. My Happy Birthday sentiment is from the dollar bin @ Michael's. I used n edge punch from Fiskar's to get the bubble border on the Happy Birthday piece of paper.The green leaves and vine swirl is from a die cut from Cheery Lynn Designs. Here is another shot of the card...
From this view you can see the way I folded my white card stock. A few cuts and a few folds and the easel card was ready to decorate!
I will send this to a special little boy on his birthday...!
I am entering the following challenges:
Natalie & Amy: Challenge 12 - Embossing
Crafter's Companion - Embossing
A Creative Romance - Punches and/or dies
Digitally Sweet - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a fun side step design with beautiful vibrant colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow I love the boldness and crispness of this dino image. Love that you did a card of this nature. I have never ever tried to do one like this design for fear that I would never get it right. Easel cards are so popular but I can never seem to get it right.I did try the circular easel cards and that was a bust! Lol. Love your take on this design and your co-ordinating papers match perfect. Thanks for sharing.Hugs.

Marsha said...

Very cute step card. Love the bright colors.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Fantastic sidestep card! Love it!
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Kim. said...

Aww this is absolutely adorable, love that little dino and the side step works really well. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Natalie & Amy's Challenge.
Kim xXx

Louisette said...

Cute lovely card birthday, Hugs!

Jenny said...

SO adorable! Thank you so much for Joining us at A Creative Romance this time. Jen xx

P.S I have a little Candy on my blog if you care to vist <3 http://jfroog.blogspot.co.uk/

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...