Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy Doodle Day!

Welcome to the first day of March! (Did you say "rabbits" when you woke up? lol.) Today is the day that Doodle Pantry comes out with their new images! I am super excited and know that you will be too once you see all of the wonderful images that Laurie has created! I used the Easter Frog Pals set to make both of my creations.



My first creation is a card and the second is a yummy goodie for the Easter baskets! I used the color image to create my card and the lined image to make my jelly bean holder. I colored the lined image with my trusty Copic markers. Check them out...


I used the designer paper that comes with the Easter Fun Papers set(released last year) for my background on the card. I also used two of the sentiments from the set. I use my Spellbinder dies to cut out the image and the yellow paper behind it. I cut out a few of the colored eggs from the paper and used pop dots to place them on my card for a little extra embellishment. My flowers are actually from a fake flower that I took apart and then layered with a brad in the centers.



I used a plastic bag that I shaped into a cone shape and filled with jelly beans. The top of the bag was colored and then snipped to look like the top of a carrot. A pretty ribbon ties it together. My image was hand colored and then "popped" up with pop dots. Pretty easy creation!
Go and check out the new sets and also the challenge at Doodle Pantry.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Aud's Sentiments challenge - Easter sentiment (my card)
Crafty Ribbons - #40-Anything with a ribbon ( My second creation)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes(uplifting sentiment) my card

15 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Georgia, what a fabulous card and awesome jelly bean holder. You rocked this set!

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful card, Georgia, and that goodie bag is fabulous! I may just have to copy that idea. I love jelly beans, especially green ones so I wonder how many would get eaten before I got goodie bags made for all of the grandkids? lol

Lola said...

Great card and such a super sweet treat!

Penny said...

Love your sweet card--that image looks great with the pretty DP! Love the image with the candy holder, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Unknown said...

I have to comment on the title first...that was very clever and brought a smile to my face. Excellent work on your cards and treat bag!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OK...I thought I felt I left a comment, I know for sure I remember googling over both your darling projects. Cute cute cute!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a creative and fun way to give an Easter treat. Wonderful creativity, and SO super cute. Thanks for sharing these great ideas with us in this week's challenge.
Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Glittered Paws said...

The treat holders turned out so cute - the orange polka dot ribbon just makes them pop. The card is cute too.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the two different ways you used this cute image - perfect for spring.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Unknown said...

Oh my. How adorable! I love the paper you chose and am eager to play with this set too! Just so adorable! Love it!!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Two wonderful creations Georgia, your card is beautiful and the frog is so cute on both!

Dawn Frost said...

Both your card and treat bag are adorable Georgia. LOVE those big flowers, great recycling!

sparklingblackrose said...

Just so clever! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- ps I have new candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-candy.html?showComment=1363023384794#c6346218637911744916

Dragonlady said...

Great fun Easter project. Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...