Thursday, December 9, 2010

Angels We Have Heard on High...


Over at Crafter's Digital Art Center you can find a class on "angel Making". How cool is that! Just think... You too can make angels! LOL! I was super intrigued and had to take the class. (And the best part...it's free to take!). I saw all of the wonderful angels that Carole did and was very envious... I knew I didn't have the goodies to make mine as glorious so I did the next best thing...I recycled! Yup! My angel is made out of the tops they place on your take out food at restaurants! The school that I work at has lunch delivered every day for their students and I looked at those tops with the wonderful cardboard on one side and silver on the other and thought.......why not! I added some tinsel trim that I found at the dollar store and also used my Cuttlebug to emboss the wings. So...now that you know what they are made out of, let me know what you think. !
P.S. I did wash them before creating with them! LOL!
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Christmas but Not a Card
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Easy Craft Projects - Christmas
AiFactory - Christmas/ Holiday
Papercraft Star - "Green" holiday (recycled item)

12 comments:

Kristina said...

What a fantastic item to recycle!! Love this project, thank you for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! I love your angel! Thanks for entering it into the challenge this week at AIF
-Tammy

Christine said...

Your ornament is gorgeous and recycling too! You have been so busy lately with some great cards. I've been reading your blog each day but just haven't had time to comment!

Regan said...

I can't believe this is made with take out boxes! Beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Regan

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to recycle!Thanks for joining us at AiFactory and Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Tracy said...

Very clever! Carol's angels are gorgeous, and your's came out just as wonderfully. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Angi Barrs said...

Your Angel is so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us over at Papercraft Star.

sammi said...

Beautiful angel and what a fantastic way to recycle! Well done! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our "anything goes" challenge at Craft Your Passion. Good Luck in the draw!

FerrellGraph-x said...

I think your Angel is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing the link for the class too! I will be checking it out!
kind regards, jennifer

racinggrandma61 said...

You have done great job on this angel. I have the pattern and I am going to try and be creative today and get a couple done.

TY for entering it in the AiFactory challenge. Love ya

Laralee DT

Sleepy Stamper said...

what a perfect example for the Papercraft star challenge! I am in awe over your creativity! BEAUTIFUL!!!

My Inkie Fingers said...

That is just GORGEOUS!!

Thanks for playing along at AI Factory this week!

Cindy-Lynn (((Hugs)))

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...