Monday, April 19, 2010

Sentimental Sundays Challenge


I found a new challenge blog called Sentimental Sundays. You must use a sentiment plus whatever else is asked for, so I thought I would give it a go! My sentiment is from Raindrop Echo. Whimsy Stamps uses her(Ann) for a lot of their beautiful sentiments! My flower image is from Doodle Pantry. I thought I would send this of as a thank you to my nephew and his wife as a thanks for all they did for me during my visit to their home last week. Colored with Copics, paper fro my scrap pile and ribbon from Michaels' I used Spellbinders for the shape on flower background and my corner punch on the sentiment.
My hubby wasn't too sure about the ribbon I placed on the card...he said it wasn't noticeable enough. But; that's what I was going for as I wanted all the strength to be on the flower and sentiment. This is a different card for me and I don't really know if I "love" it...but I do like it! So...let me know what you think.

2 comments:

raindropecho said...

Wow, blooming gorgeous indeed! This is a fantastic card, Georgia - love the beautifully nested flower in the frame. Thank you for using one of the freebies I offer; I'm always so excited to see it on cards! Thanks also for joining the first Sentimental Sundays challenge - I hope to see you around often!
- Ann

Mary Duffek said...

Fun layout and great colors! Very pretty...

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...