Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy June !

Hi everyone! Today marks the beginning of another month. Boy has the year ever flown right by! Hard to believe that it is half way gone already! Happy June to all of you. Since this is the first of the month; that means a new set of images over at Doodle Pantry!
I worked with two of the new image sets to create my cards this month. The first set is a new one from the "world Series" representing Canada this time. I used the colored versions found in the set and my Photoshop program to create the following...

This set has lots of beautiful images in it and (since Hubby's family are Canadian) I will find a lot of use for it. A ribbon was added to the left side of the card.
My next card up uses the new "Measure Up" set. This time I colored the images and placed them all in front of a mixing bowl. This is such a fun set and has a lot of sentiments which will make it perfect for a variety of occasions!

My papers are all from my scraps except for the pretty base card which was cut from Stampin' Up paper. I used my Cricut Expresssion to cut out the mixing bowl. Pop dots elevated the sentiment which was cut out using a Fiskars punch. The scallop shape behind the sentiment also uses a punch.Three buttons down the right side finish the card off nicely. This set is a special "LIMITED TIME FREE W/PURCHASE JUNE 1st-24th"- Just add to your cart of other purchases and when you checkout and pay, it will be included free!
Doodle Pantry has a sale going today through June 7th. 25% off of all of the new sets. A perfect time to check them all out and see which ones you would love to own. We also have our monthly challenge going on so be sure to check that out too!
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Inspire Me Fridays- Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything with a Ribbon (My Canada card)

13 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Georgia, I love both of these fabulous creations. The addition of the mixing bowl on your second card is such creative idea -- fabulous design!

Glenda Atkins said...

Hi Georgia, wonderful samples and being Canadian I am a little partial to the first card:) Wonderful creativity on both though!
hugs
Glenda

Marsha said...

Great cards with the new releases. I really like the arrangement you made with the Canadian card.

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Georgia, these cards are wonderful! Love your merging of the images for your Canada card - a perfect set for your family. Love the colors on your cooking set. That mixing bowl is fabulous!!!

Linda

Debbie said...

These are both wonderful!! Great way to combine the images on the CDN one!! [I was too slow signing up and didn't get that set :(]
I love your mixing bowl! Perfect BG for the images!!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Fabulous card - love how you incorporated those images together on the Canada card.

Dawn Frost said...

Georgia I just LOVE how the beaver comes from under the flag and your mixing bowl is awesome!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Both are wonderful in their own right. I love vintage kitchen tools and have them displayed in my kitchen. I love the Canadian card composition...crisp, clean and simple and shouts Canada...great!

cebelica said...

Both of your cards are great! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. Hugs! xx

carol said...

Hello, super card, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at TPC x carol

Lisa T said...

Great cards! The mixing set is really cool! Thanks for joining us at SACC!

Unknown said...

Georgia, these cards are wonderful. I have a Canadian friend who would love the first card you made. I love the polka dot ribbon you added to the side.

Lola said...

Both of your cards are SO pretty. I really LOVE the color combo on the kitchen set.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...