Friday, June 21, 2013

Spotlight Challenge Time !

This week over at Jellypark Friends the image we are spotlighting is this cute image with sentiment perfect for the end of the school year cards...

I used Copics to color him and cut out the sentiment separately to add to the bottom of my card. I then placed him on two different layers of paper and added some baker's twine to the side. This was popped up with pop dots and added to my bottom layers. The base of the card was covered in some pretty paper that I actually bought at the $1 spot at Michael's craft store. I used a piece of kraft lined paper that I cut to size and then used a SU punch to make the note book paper look. Another layer of pretty paper that I bought at a garage sale...(I really have a problem with paper...lol can't seem to get enough!) The sentiment was wrapped around the bottom of that layer and the upper layers attached to it. I really love greens and blues together.




I really love how it turned out! Check out all the great cards done by the DT @Jellypark Friends. Have a great day everyone. This is my last day of school until September...can you say ...HAPPY! My students that I have had for two years will graduate today then I am free for the summer!!! Yahoo!
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Southern Girls - Give it an Upper Punch and cut it Out!
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Ribbon or Twine

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is delightful. Love how you used the twin and the layering.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Patricia said...

Great card. Love the image and papers. Thanks for joining in at Artistic Inspirations this week.

Anonymous said...

lovely card and image, great papers and color. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (Owner) xx
http://poweredbyfairydust63.blogspot.com

Penny said...

Georgia, this is a darling card! Love the pretty colors you chose; love the DP and design, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous boy card, love the layers and your colours!
hugs
Glenda

Teresa Kline said...

cute card, fabulous coloring...hope you have a fabby week!

enjoy *~*

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...