Thursday, June 13, 2013

Have a Wonderful Day...

I wanted to share a book marker that I made using one of the newly released images from Doodle Pantry. The image is from the set Holy Land Flowers 2

and the sentiment is from another set.
I used my Cricut machine to cut out the bookmark and baker's twine to add to the top of it. All my other papers are from my scrap pile. I embossed the black paper with a Swiss dot embossing folder and even cut out three circles from a part of the paper. To the circles I added the hearts that I punched out of yet another tiny scrap of paper. (I really try to use up all of those scraps...lol). The blue paper I believe is from Stampin' Up. MY image comes already colored so all I had to do was cut it out and distress around the edges with some Slate colored ink. I would love to enter the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday- Anything Goes (They have a lovely sentiment to use or use any uplifting one)
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Country View Challenge - Die Cuts & punches
Digi Galore - Anything but a square

One more look at my book marker...

14 comments:

Marsha said...

Very pretty, Georgia. Nice paper from your scrap pile.

Desire Fourie said...

Such a gorgeous bookmark. It will definitely get you reading endlessly.
{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Glittered Paws said...

What a neat bookmark - love when you can use stamps and create something not only useful but pretty too.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous bookmark Georgia, the sentiment will cheer you up every time you pick up the book! Love the little heart circles at the bottom.
hugs
Glenda

Penny said...

Really pretty, Georgia! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Pat (mspfd) said...

Such elegant simplicity, Georgia. What a beautiful bookmark.

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous tag Georgia...wow!

Unknown said...

I really love tags and yours is a statement maker.
Love it.
Thank you for sharing this fabulous art with us. Please come back soon with more of those lovely creations.
Abundant Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

What a beautiful bookmark..I love the idea of using the image as a bookmark. I still have friends you read books and not use Ipads or Kindles so you have given me some great ideas...thank you.

Karen Letchworth said...

This bookmark is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it with us in this week's challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

My Creative Therapy said...

What a great bookmark! Love the image, the shape of the bookmark and the hearts! Very cute image and beautifully colored! Love your choice of papers, die cuts and the overall design of the card. Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
Kathi
DT Member

Linda Anderson said...

What a lovely bookmark Georgia!

Linda

Dawn Frost said...

Georgia what a beautiful bookmark! I love the shape and bakers twine.

Jo Ann said...

What a great bookmark. I love the colors you used and the inking on the edges. Thanks for blessing us with such a wonderful project this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...