Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Peacock Songs

I have two cards to share with you today. Two cards both using a peacock image! The first card is for the progressive challenge at Delightful Inspiration. This was the image given if you participated in the progressive challenge with Faith. I used my Copic markers to color the image.

My next card is a digital image from Doodle Pantry and was given free for entering the challenge there (that is still going on...so check it out!). I colored again with my Copics. This time I used one of my Copics to color my embroidery floss to make my own Baker's twine. It was pretty easy and now I have matching twine!

I would like to enter these into the following:
Delightful Inspiration (D2D) - progressive challenge using Peacock Beauty
My Time To Craft - Citrus Colors (both...the paper I used for the background even came from a DCWV matstack called "Citrus" !)
Paper & Stuff - Inspiration colors ( my first card)
Doodle Pantry - Stock the Pantry challenge

9 comments:

Star said...

Oh, these are so pretty! Great idea about the embroidery floss. Beautiful!

Peggysue said...

Very pretty cards! I really like the citrus papers with the blue birds. Thanks for playing with Peacock Beauty in our freebie challenge at Designed2Delight.

Jennie said...

Wow! Peacock frenzy! These are fab Georgia :)

xx

ahlers5 said...

Very cute! I love the hint about the floss. I will try that. Thanks for joining us at MTTC.
Diane

K. Joy said...

These are both so cute, Georgia!! I love how you colored the twine! Great coloring, too! Thanks for playing in the Stock the Pantry challenge! ;)

Glenda Atkins said...

Both cards are wonderful and I love how you coloured the Doodle Pantry peacock with your copics. He is adorable. Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Doodle Pantry (Stock the Pantry).

Sharon Basel said...

What a beautiful card Georgia. I love the gorgeous colors together and your background paper is lovely. Fabulous job coloring this adorable peacock. Thanks for playing the Stock the Doodle Pantry challenge!

Debbie said...

Very cute! Love the sentiment!!!

Crafting Marfa said...

Your cards look very pretty. But I was most impressed by your idea to use your colored pencils to color embroidery floss and make your own Bakers twine. I'm always impressed by how people use what they already have to create new things instead of just buying, buying, buying all the time. You know what I mean? Kudos to you!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...