Monday, October 12, 2009

Stamptacular Challenge #28


I found this challenge by seeing it on one of my friends' blog...Gram's Place.


Stamptacular Sunday Challenge has a cool challenge this week.Your challenge is to use a known cartoon character in your card. I love the Smurfs and this brings back many memories of watching the Smurfs on television with my daughter many "moons" ago! My image is a digital image so I hope it counts as a stamp...? Just in case it doesn't, I used an SU stamp of an apple outline and stamped it over my sentiment! I used Sharpies and Prisma markers to color it. The sentiment is from the Character Cafe. I used Making Memories dp and brads. Aren't those brads so cute?! I picked them up last week at Big Lots for a buck! Sometimes you can find some treasures in their card/scrap booking section.I sure feel like I did! My solid card stock is from SU. Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

How fun...I haven't seen a smurf in forevah!

Raspberry Cupcake said...

Ha ha he is cool!

I love your card, and those brads are really nice!

Georgia said...

Smurfs are great! They taught such good lessons. My kids were fans when they were little. Great card! Thanks for the shout about my blog!

Sue said...

Oh no the Smurfs! I remember them from my daughters childhood too. All those little creatures with the weird colored hair!! Fun card, and I love the brad for a buck! I get some nice things from Big Lots sometimes too. Love your blog, thanks for leaving a comment on the Monday Challenge at BSS, it's good to know someone is watching!!!
Happy Anniversary, we had our 43rd on the 1st of October, I know what you mean when you say where did the years go!!!!

Desire Fourie said...

Georgia, I love your smurf creation. Haven't seen a smurf for donkey years.
Hugs
Desire

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I LOVE THIS! The Smurfs were my favorite thing to watch as a kid. "Is it much farther, Poppa Smurf?" Sometimes I say that to my kids when the ask me in the car. Thanks for joining in and sharing your cute card at SSC

Carolyn said...

Wow, Smurfs. I love them. I used to collect them with all their wonky costumes. What a fabulous idea to put them on a card. Thanks for joining us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh my the smurfs bring back so many child hood memories for me too how wonderful thank you for taking part at ssc

Anonymous said...

Pretty card ;0)
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Janneke X

Annie said...

oh yes, greedy smurf!!! I LOVE it!!!! :)

Aud Kirsten said...

Wow, what a cute smurfs card, like it...
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Line said...

What a great card! It's so fun to see a smurf again, reminds me of my childhood:)

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

SemSee said...

Yep, digi stamps count! Aw, I love your smurf (I remember watching those cartoons when I was little!). Great card! Thanks for joining us this week at SSC! Hugs, Sem x

Piali said...

Super cute card!! lovely coloring too.Thanks for joining us at SCS.
Hugs
Piali

Sprytebyrd said...

Ah, Smurfs! I saw the little figurines in a gift shop this past weekend! Brings back memories! Wonderful card, I love it!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!
Dee

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...