Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

I challenged myself to make a gift box to place my Hubby's beloved Dove chocolates in for Father's Day. We always give each other Dove chocolates for all occasions and then both eat them...a "win-win" situation! Any who...here is the gift box I came up with...



I found a tutorial for a gift box using a 12 x 12 sheet of paper and went to town! I used paper from Recollections to which I rolled on ink using a Stampin' Up roller stamp. I like the look it gave the paper... A little more masculine I think. I used my Cricut and Campin' Critters to cut out that sweet duck and George and Shapes to cut out the hearts at various sizes. I used my Cuttlebug to distress the hearts somewhat. I found some twine to use to hold the box closed. It will slip right off when it is time for the goodies inside. I also used some rub on words that I have had forever. I placed "Buddy" on the front as that is my hubby's nickname. The washi tape on the front of the lid was from the $1 spot at Walmart. I added a piece of leftover paper from another project to the bottom of the front. All of the pieces were inked with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink. The little paper on top was done from a piece of file folder that I cut using my Bags, Tags and More cartridge.
I hope he likes it!
Here are a few closer looks at the box...





I would like to enter the following challenges:

Cricut Cardz Challenge 110 - I'm so Glad Your my Dad
Cooking With Cricut - Father's Day Gifts
My Sheri's Craft Challenge #87 - Father's Day
Delicious Doodles #21 - For the Fellas
Inspire Me Fridays - Always Anything Goes

11 comments:

Evelyn said...

What a beautiful box , I will have to look this up and give it a try. Thanks for playing along with CCC

Allison said...

fabulous box
thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles
AllisonX

Madison said...

I know he will love it!! It is really fabulous:) Love the chocolate tradition:) TFS and thank you for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.
~Madison CWC DT funkycards.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is adorable. So many cute cuts and details. Love it! Thanks for joining us for the challenge at CWC.

Glenda Atkins said...

What fantastic box you came up with, well done, I love it!

Melissa said...

I really love this. That duck is so cute! Thanks for sharing at cooking with cricut!
melissa
craftygator.blogspot.com

Hattie said...

Great gift box! Hope you **BOTH** enjoyed the Dove Chocolates. Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking with Cricut.
Hattie - CWC DT
HattiesHaven.blogspot.com

Larelyn said...

This is a great box - and Dove chocolates - can't beat 'em. What a special tradition. I love the duck from campin critters. Thanks for sharing with us at CWC.
Hugs,
Larelyn

PS - saw that tutorial and I'm off to make a box as well :)

Jen said...

Great gift box, Georgia! Love the cute little mallard on the front and who doesn't love chocolate! Thanks for linking up to our Father's Day Challenge at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team

Michelle said...

Lovin the win-win situation with the chocolates!! LOL
This is a neat box!! :)

Hugs,
MIchelle

Jill said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up to CWC! Have a super day! Smiles, Jill

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...