Friday, April 5, 2013

What is it About a Book?

What is it about a book...It's adventure, dreaming and just plain fun! This week our challenge at Jellypark Friends is; "It's All About a Book". I worked with two different images from Jellypark Friends for this challenge. My first card was done using a paper piecing kit called; The Owl & The Pussycat". I loved having nursery rhymes read to me as a child and this set reminds me of the magical journeys that I had with books way back when. The only additional embellishments to this card are the added stars that I popped up in the sky.


This card has many layers which I popped up with those wonderful foam dots. I am planning on using this card for a baby card and will add a book of nursery rhymes along with it!
My second card uses a new release from Jellypark Friends entitled "Girl with Book". Many a summer day was spent in my youth doing exactly what this young girl is doing... reading and dreaming away the days! It was during one of those long hot summers that I discovered all of my Mum's Nancy Drew books from her childhood and read them all! I was sure that I too would become a detective! lol! The sentiment has always been one of my favorites and I thought it was perfect with the image! I colored the image with Copic and Prism markers. My sentiment was stamped on a lined piece of note paper then I cut out around the edges repeating the same with the blue card stock behind it.


Check out the challenge and all of the lovely creations by the Design Team at Jellypark Friends. Have a great weekend!
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments - For a Child
Crafting By Design - All about the Animals
Inky Impressions - For a Child

2 comments:

Penny said...

Georgia, your first card is simply adorable! Love the layers, the image, and that sentiment! The stars are perfect for embellishing! :^)
Fabulous job with the second card, too! Love the pretty colors, papers, coloring, and that wonderful sentiment! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend!

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful creations Georgia. Love the vibrant colours on your first design and the second design is so calming.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...