Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter Animals!

Did that get your attention? Haha! I wanted to let you all know about the challenge over at Jellypark Friends for the next two weeks. Our challenge is for you to create a card using images of winter animals. Think: penguins, bears, etc. I use a sweet image from Jellypark Friends of a little boy in a penguin costume. Here is my creation:


I used a "Z fold" for the card which makes it into an easel for viewing. Here is a side view of the card...


The card is one sheet of cardstock measuring 11" x 4.25" . It was scored at 5.5" and again at 8.25 with a scorepal. This forms the base of your card. I then covered the outside and back of the card with a blue wave paper from Recollections. My image is mounted on another piece of paper and then on an orange piece of cardstock. I placed another piece of black card stock behind it all before I mounted it to the base. A small notch at the top done with a Stampin' Up punch and I had a place to stick the front of the car so it will stand after opening. My image was colored and shaded using Copic markers. My sentiment is a stamp and then I added a couple of gingham cloth covered brads to finish it off. I also did the inside of the card using white card stock to which I faux stitched around the edges. I stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment in the middle of the card. Another birthday card that I will use during this next year!
Check out the challenge at Jellypark Friends and also check out the release of two darling new images!

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Georgia this is so cute. Love the check buttons.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I've never seen this type of z fold displayed like this...very clever and something I would like to try. I too love the plaid buttons! Darling card!

Cynthia said...

I have not seen a Z-fold card used as an easel. Very fun design, Georgia. Thanks for the directions! I will be giving this a try soon.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a great idea I have done the z fold before but not this way. I will be trying it I love all the different folds. Thanks for sharing the directions. I love your penguin!! Great card!!
Linda K.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...