Monday, January 7, 2013

In Sympathy

I wanted to share a card that I made using a Doodle Pantry image of poppies. I used the color version of the image and added my text right next to it in Photoshop. I used a white card base and then embossed the front piece of white paper using the dotted Swiss folder and my Cuttlebug. (I love that machine!). A simple red gro-grain ribbon and my card was ready.







This card came together very quickly but yet looks elegant! That is what I love about the image sets at Doodle Pantry.When you don't have time to color and need a quick card it is possible with many of the image sets from Doodle Pantry as they include a color version too. Simply print them off and zip together a card!
I would like to enter the following challenges:
ABC Challenges - Clean & Simple
Paper Makeup - White on white
Make it Monday - Always anything Goes
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Flowers and ribbon

17 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

It is an elegant card! Love the embossing - that is one of my favorites and the beautiful flowers. A perfect sympathy card. Thanks for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges.

brenda said...

It certainly is a very elegant card Georgia, poppies always make for a beautiful creation

Thanks so much to joining us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge this month.

B x

Sarah said...

Poppies are one of my favourites, and perfect for a sympathy card.

Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Georgia.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love the CAS design.


I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look. I'm numbers 31 & 83.

--Cheryl--

Stop by my blog to check out my Winter Blog Candy!

Lori said...

Such a pretty sympathy card!

Barb said...

Very pretty! Love the poppies

Glenda Atkins said...

The poppies make a perfect image for this card,love the embossed background and the card design!

Glittered Paws said...

How pretty - love the white on white color scheme.

Faye said...

Hello. Your card and colors are Beautiful. I saw this on MIM .Faye

Lela said...

Very pretty, thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog

Emily Lauritzen said...

Love your clean and simple design! Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Makeover!
<3 Emily L.-DT

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fabulous CAS card. Love the great coloring on the image. Thank you for joining us at Make It Monday this week... :)

carla said...

This is a super creation.
Very nice done.
Thank you for joining us at The Paper Makeup Stamps.

Carla (DT)

Dawn Frost said...

Very elegant sympathy card Georgia, I love the simplicity of it!

Ger said...

Lovely CAS card, love the poppies. Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges

Patty Gorka said...

So very pretty, love the colored image! Thank you for playing along this week at ABC challenges! I hope you'll join us again next week!

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...